Breakfast is such a valuable teaching time. Kids are refreshed—you are refreshed and morning hugs and sharing is happening. What better time to teach important lessons and Biblical concepts than at breakfast? Get your kids day started right with breakfast-themed mini lessons for Mom and Dad.
1. Fear God! Breakfast is the beginning of the day but the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. (Proverbs 1:7; 8:13) There are many things in this world that make us afraid but fearing the Lord pleases God.
2. Good friends are like pancakes. They take time to make but they are worth it. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)
3. Tame selfishness. Like the prize in a cereal box—you can’t always get what you want. (Philippians 2:21)
4. God squeezes the good out of us, like orange juice! But we must be patient and allow him to do His work. (Romans 8:28)
5. Blueberries are small but they pack a punch of flavor. Little things matter. Be kind to others. (1 Corinthians 13:4)
6. Cereal gets mushy if we leave it alone too long. Just like our prayer life! Keep your relationship with God fresh—talk to him at least once a day. (Colossians 4:2)
7. Doughnuts have a hole in the middle just like our hearts. God wants to fill that hole and make us complete if we ask him to be our Savior. (Romans 10:13)
It takes commitment but these breakfast lessons will empower your kids and build stronger familial relationships. Do not forget Galatians 6:9, “And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.” You can do it!
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to teach kids Bible lessons? We recently released Cereal 12-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum that uses kids favorite cereals to teach lessons from the Bible. The memory verse for this series is “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” -Psalm 34:8 (NIV)