Funny Stories With Serious Lessons
Does God have a sense of humor? Seriously, have you seen a platypus? Not only does God have a sense of humor, but the Bible also has some very funny stories that can teach and inspire us. We dare you not to laugh, but more importantly, we dare you not to learn! In Try Not To Laugh 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn to love and honor God through four funny tales from the Bible.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Try Not To Laugh Lessons Overview:
“He will fill your mouth with laughter. Shouts of joy will come from your lips.” Job 8:21 (NIrV)
The Talking Donkey
Scripture: Numbers 22:21-39, Balaam’s Talking Donkey
Balaam knew better than to go against God and God's people, but when Balaam refused to listen to his own conscience, God made him listen to a donkey! Balaam's donkey saved Balaam's life, and if he could still speak, he would remind us all to stand with God and not against Him.
Objective: Kids will say that trying to disobey God is no laughing matter.
Cloudy With A Chance Of Fire
Scripture: 1 Kings 18:22-39, Elijah Calls Fire from Heaven
The people of Israel had turned away from God and put their hope in a false god who could do nothing. Elijah was the only one who remained devoted to God. The Israelite's faith in their false god went up in flames - literally - when Elijah called fire from the sky. Then the people saw that God is the one true God and the only God to be trusted.
Objective: Kids will learn that if we try to put our hope in anything or anyone but God, we will fail.
King Saul's Other Throne
Scripture: 1 Samuel 24, David Spares Saul on the Potty
Saul needed a potty break in the middle of his manhunt for David. Little did he know that while he was relieving himself, David was right next to him - cutting off a piece of his robe. Saul's potty break shows us that when we do things God's way, even with our enemies, God will protect us as he did David.
Objective: Kids will say that we should always do things God's way even when other’s don’t.
The Bowing Statue
Scripture: 1 Samuel 5:1-10
The Philistines thought they had defeated Israel and Israel's God, but the day after their great victory, they found the statue of their false God bowing down to the ark. God used the bowing statue and a few yucky plagues to teach the Philistines that He alone is God.
Objective: Kids will say there is only one true God who deserves our praise.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.