Happily Ever After God’s Way
Classic fairy tales and nursery rhymes are often filled with valuable lessons. This series will pair these classic stories with the truth found in the Bible, to reinforce the value of doing things God's way. In Fairy Tales 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that living life God’s way is the only way to truly live happily ever after.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Fairy Tales Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Blessed is the person who obeys the law of the Lord. They don’t follow the advice of evil people. They don’t make a habit of doing what sinners do. They don’t join those who make fun of the Lord and his law.” Psalm 1:1 (NIrV)
The Tortoise and the Hare
Scripture: Philippians 3:8-14, Press On
In the classic fable: although the Hare was faster than the Tortoise, the Tortoise won the race because he never stopped, but kept pressing on. In his letter to the Philippians, Paul encourages Jesus followers to stay faithful and to keep pressing on with God.
Objective: Kids will be challenged to commit to spending a little time with Jesus to start each day.
Little Miss Muffet
Scripture: John 14:26-27, Peace
In the nursery rhyme, Little Miss Muffet ran away in fear. But in the Bible we learn that because of Jesus, we do not have to be afraid. Jesus gives us peace, and he gives us his Holy Spirit, to ensure that those who love Jesus are never alone.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will turn to Jesus in prayer when I’m afraid.”
The Three Little Pigs
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 3:10-15, Building on a Firm Foundation
In the kids' story, only one of the three pigs built a house sturdy enough to withstand the wolf's mighty breath. In the Bible, Paul says that each of our lives is like building a house. We may build with different materials, but we should make sure we build on the foundation of Jesus.
Objective: Kids will be challenged to think about what it means to “build their life on Jesus”.
Jack and the Beanstalk
Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:40-49, David and Goliath
In the fairy tale, Jack escaped from a mean giant and lived to tell about it. In the Bible, David faced a real life giant. He trusted in God, who gave him the courage to stand up to the giant and win the battle.
Objective: Kids will say, “I can trust Jesus no matter what”.
Little Red Riding Hood
Scripture: Proverbs 4:5-19, Get Wisdom
In fairy tale, Little Red Riding Hood lacked the wisdom to understand that the wolf had disguised himself as her grandmother. In the Bible, we learn that godly wisdom will keep us from being deceived.
Objective: Kids will be challenged to think who they listen to when making decisions: negative influences in the world or the truth of the Bible.
Scripture: Acts 5:1-11, Ananias and Sapphira
In the fairy tales, Pinocchio's nose grew every time he told a lie. In the Bible, Ananias and Sapphira paid a much greater price for their dishonesty. Honesty is very important to God and should be important to us.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will speak and act with honesty.”
Little Bo Peep
Scripture: Luke 15:3-7, Story of the Lost Sheep
In the nursery rhyme of Little Bo Peep, the lost sheep came back home without her having to do anything. In the Bible, Jesus tells the story of a shepherd who leaves everything behind to look for one lost sheep. Jesus gave everything – even his life – so that we would come home to Him.
Objective: Kids will be challenged to accept the free gift of salvation from the Good Shepherd, Jesus.
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:12-28, Diversity in the Body
In the fairy tale, Rapunzel's long hair turns out to be a gift when she uses it to let up the handsome prince into the tower. In the Bible, Paul explains that God gives each of us gifts that we can use to serve Him and His kingdom. Although our gifts are different, they are all special.
Objective: Kids will identify ways they can use what they have been given to bring glory to God.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.