Teach Kids All 66 Books of the Bible!
Each week kids will learn about a few books of the Bible along with some simple hand motions to help them remember what each book is about. The goal is that by the end of the 12 weeks, kids will be able to say all 66 books of the Bible from memory and have a general idea of what each book is about.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Books of the Bible Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: "God has breathed life into all Scripture. It is useful for teaching us what is true. It is useful for correcting our mistakes. It is useful for making our lives whole again. It is useful for training us to do what is right." 2 Timothy 3:16 NIrV
Take Up Your Sword!
Scripture: Hebrews 4:12, Ephesians 6:17
Synopsis: God says the Bible is like a sword. Just like a sword takes practice to use, we need to practice using God’s Word. One of the ways we can do that is by knowing what God has included in the Bible for us to know and where we can find it.
Objective: Kids will learn how many books are in the Bible(66), how many are in the Old Testament(39) and how many are in the New Testament(27).
The First 5!
Scripture: Genesis 17:1-8, God’s covenant with Abraham
Synopsis: The first five books of the Bible tell us how the world began, what God expects of us (the law), and how God put a plan in action to set things right.
Objective: Kids will memorize the first 5 books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
All That History!
Scripture: Joshua 24:14-22, Joshua’s charge to the people
Synopsis: The books of history tell us what happened to God’s people when they inherited the promised land and what happened when they forgot about God. They teach us about God’s laws and God’s forgiveness.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next 12 books: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther
Better Than Shakespeare
Scripture: Proverbs 1:1-7, Listen to Wisdom
Synopsis: God’s books of poetry are not simply pretty verses. They are filled with praise to our God and wisdom for daily living.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next 5 books: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon
Kind of a BIG Deal
Scripture: Isaiah 9:1-7, Isaiah predicts the coming Messiah
Synopsis: The major prophets were men who delivered God’s messages to his people. Three of them warned the people to turn back to God. The fourth one spoke while the children of God were in exile and reminded them that God was still in control.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next 5 books: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel.
Scripture: Zechariah 1:1-6
Synopsis: The minor prophets didn’t write as much as the "majors," but they all delivered important messages. They reminded the people of God’s love and forgiveness, and tried to warn them not to make the same mistakes their ancestors had and they spoke about the coming Messiah.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next 12 books and be able to say all the books in the Old Testament: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
The Books About Jesus!
Scripture: John 3:16-17, Jesus sums up his life’s mission
Synopsis: The gospels are the books that change the whole story of the Bible. Jesus has come to fulfill the prophecies, to pay the price for our sins, and set us free.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next 4 books: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
Scripture: Acts 9:1-19, Saul’s Conversion
Synopsis: After Jesus returned to Heaven, the church began to spread. The more people opposed the gospel, the faster it grew! Acts tells the incredible story of the early church and the first missionaries.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next book: Acts
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17, Church divisions over leaders
Synopsis: Paul wrote many letters to the churches, encouraging them to stay faithful to Jesus. We can learn a lot about following Christ through these letters.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next 7 books: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians.
Paul’s Pen Pals
Scripture: Philemon 8-21, Paul’s instructions regarding a runaway slave who is now a Christian
Synopsis: Paul also wrote letters to friends. These letters not only teach us more about following Christ, they also show us the importance of having friends to encourage our faith.
Objective: Kids will memorize the next 6 books: 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon.
Heaven Sounds Awesome!
Scripture: Revelation 21:1-7, A New Heaven and Earth
Synopsis: The Bible ends with a few more books from Jesus’ closest friends and followers, including a stunning book of prophecy about the end of times. These books encourage us to keep the faith and remember God is in control.
Objective: Kids will memorize the last 9 books: Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, and Revelation
Scripture: Philippians 2:1-11, Having the mind of Christ
Synopsis: The Bible is the road to heaven. It is the story of us and God and how God made a way to save us from sin. If we commit our lives to Jesus and follow God’s Word, He will lead us our whole lives!
Objective: Kids will be able to say all 66 Books of the Bible
You can also add on our Books of the Bible Trivia Video Game to your curriculum as well - watch the video below:
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Find your favorite 2021 VBS theme here.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.