Exploring the Most Important Places in The Bible
Let's go on a journey into the clouds, exploring some of the important locations in the Bible. With flying themed skits and activities in SOAR 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn what makes Jerusalem, Bethlehem, the Jordan River, etc. so important to our understanding of God's story.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
SOAR Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “But those who trust in the Lord will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles.” Isaiah 40:31a (NIrV)
Take Off (Garden of Eden)
Scripture: Genesis 3:1-13, 22-24, The Fall of Man
When God created the heavens and the earth, he made a special place for Adam and Eve – the Garden of Eden. It was a place of perfection and a place where God could meet with them face to face. Adam and Eve's sin caused a separation from God, that we still experience today.
Objective: Kids will know, “Sin separates us from God.”
Scripture: Exodus 8:1-19, Plagues of Frogs and Gnats
Despite our sin, God still loves us and wants us to worship Him. His people, the Israelites were slaves in Egypt. Their slavery shows how sin takes us away from the good things God has planned (Eden). But God sent Moses to free his people from their slavery and show us that God has a plan to free us from sin..
Objective: Kids will know, “The God who made us, loves us despite our sin.”
Full Speed (Jordan River)
Scripture: Joshua 3:9-4:9, The People Cross the Jordan
God had promised a special place for the Israelites. The last boundary to be crossed into that land was the Jordan River. God brought them across the Jordan in a very special way, so that they would never forget what the Lord has done. Many years later, Jesus would be baptized in the Jordan River as the beginning of his ministry.
Objective: Kids will know, “I should remember the good things God has done for me.”
Cruising Altitude (Jerusalem)
Scripture: 2 Samuel 5:1-12, 6:1-5, David Makes Jerusalem the Capital
When David became king, he made Jerusalem the capital of all Israel. Jerusalem became the most important city on earth. This is where God's temple would be, where the Ark of the Covenant was kept, and where the king's palace was. This is where the people of God would worship and celebrate God.
Objective: Kids will say, “God deserves praise for who he is and the good things he has done.”
Change of Course (Babylon)
Scripture: Daniel 1, The Exiles of Israel
The people of Israel had turned away from God, and the nation of Babylon came in and destroyed it. The Babylonians took the young people captive back to Babylon. Daniel was one of those captives. Daniel trusted God, and even as a prisoner, Daniel thrived and was blessed.
Objective: Kids will know, “I can keep trusting God, no matter what I face.”
Scripture: Matthew 2:1-18, The Wise Men Visit Jesus
God had long promised a savior, who would take away our sins, and make a way for us to be with God again, forever. That Savior came all the way down from heaven and arrived as a little baby, born in a cattle barn. Not exactly the impressive entrance some people were expecting.
Objective: Kids will know, “God works in amazing ways that we don't always understand.”
Fear of Flying (Sea of Galilee)
Scripture: Luke 8:22-25, Jesus Calms the Storm
The disciples were afraid. A storm was knocking their boat around and was threatening to sink them. They turned to Jesus, and he proved that he was mightier than the wind and waves.
Objective: Kids will know, “Jesus is mightier than the problems and fears that I face.”
Safe Landing (Golgotha)
Scripture: Mark 15:20-39, The Death of Jesus
Jesus died on a cross, on a hill called Golgotha. He died for our sins. He died to make a way for us to be with God forever. Only Jesus could do it, and he did it willingly because he loves us. Jesus paid the ultimate price for our sin, to right the wrong that was done in Eden and forgive every sin ever committed so that we can be guaranteed a safe landing in heaven for all eternity.
Objective: Kids will know, “Only Jesus has the power to take away my sins.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.