NEW for Christmas 2021!
The Perfect Gift!
The best gifts are personal gifts, things that show someone we really know them and care about them. The gifts the wise men brought do not seem like gifts for a baby, but they were the perfect gift for the King of Kings! In Wise Guys 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, we will learn what the gifts of the wise men were and discover what the gift of Jesus means for us.
To get 4 additional game videos, make sure you select the "Curriculum + Games Pack" option. These additional games sell for $10 each, but you can get ALL 4 for only $25 when you order them with this curriculum. (Click here to see more details on everything included in the games pack).
Wise Guys Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “They asked, “‘Where is the child who has been born to be king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose. Now we have come to worship him.’” Matthew 2:2 (NIrV)
Week 1: Jesus the King
Scripture: Matthew 2:1-12, The Magi Visit Jesus
Kings loved gold. The more gold a king possessed, the more powerful He appeared to be in the eyes of the world. The magi came looking for a newborn king, which is why they brought gold to the baby Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn gold is a gift for a king, and Jesus is King of Kings.
Week 2: Jesus the Son of God
Scripture: Exodus 30:1-10, The Altar of Incense
Frankincense is no monster. It is a fragrant spice that gives off smoke when burned, and it is symbolic of the presence of God. The magi brought frankincense to the baby Jesus to acknowledge that He is the Son of God.
Objective: Kids will learn that frankincense represents God’s presence.
Week 3: Jesus the Savior
Scripture: Matthew 26:6-13, Jesus Anointed with Perfume
Myrrh was a perfume often used to cover up smells – like that of the dead. Many years later Jesus had perfume poured on Him by a grateful woman. It was a sacrifice of love that symbolized His coming death on the cross to save us from sin.
Objective: Kids will learn that myrrh represents Jesus’ death on the cross.
Week 4: Jesus the Gift
Scripture: Isaiah 9:1-9, The Birth of Jesus Predicted
If the magi gave Jesus gold, frankincense, and myrrh, what gift did they receive in return? The gift of salvation only comes from Jesus. They knew the gift was coming because of the ancient prophecies, and they received it with joy.
Objective: Kids will learn that God gave Jesus to be our Savior.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.