Bible Lessons Based on Popular Songs
Using the lyrics from today's hits to examine what it means to find God's purpose and direction for your life.
Playlist Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Blank Space (Taylor Swift) – Each of us have a blank space within us. This is a space that only God can fill, giving us direction and purpose. Genesis 28:10-22, Jacob Encounters God
Royals (Lorde) – We may not be royalty, but God has a great purpose for our lives. When we accept Jesus as our king, he makes us part of the royal family. Romans 8, Heirs With Christ
Brave (Sara Bareillas) – The world is constantly pressuring us to conform to its ways. But God can use those who are brave enough to stand out from the crowd. Daniel 3, The Fiery Furnace
Take Me To Church (Hozier) – To find direction, we need to spend time with people who have been where we want to go. This gathering of people seeking God is what we call the church. Acts 2:42-47, The Fellowship of the Believers
Happy (Pharrel Williams) – Not knowing our purpose can cause us anxiety. But we are called foremost to praise God with joy and happiness. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Instructions, Psalm 150, Praise the Lord
Story Of My Life (One Direction) – When people look at your life, what story does it tell? We should strive to have every aspect of our lives point other people to Jesus. 1 Corinthians 9:19-27, The Rights of an Apostle
Say Something (A Great Big World) – We'll never know what God wants to do for us and through us if we never talk to him. We need to make prayer a regular part of our lives. Mark 1:29-45, Jesus Heals and Jesus Prays
Firework (Katy Perry) – When Christians fully commit our ways to the Lord, Jesus will shine to other people like fireworks in the sky. Acts 2:1-12, 41, The Day of Pentecost
About This Curriculum:
- Instant Download
- 8-Week Series
- Perfect for 6th-12th Grade Students
- Great for Weekend or Mid-Week Programming
- Includes Both Large Group and Small Group Resources
- Download a sample lesson from this series here.
Each Lesson Includes:
- DOWNLOAD. Teacher Prep: Printable lesson overview – with tips and encouragement – to distribute to each leader and teacher on your team.
- UPLOAD. Large Group Teaching Guide: Printable “no prep required” Bible lesson for your Large Group Leader.
- POP QUIZ. Print and distribute this quiz to each of your students. Questions are based on the Upload Bible Lesson.
- COMMENT & SHARE. Small Group Discussion Guide: Print and distribute this guide to leaders and students for use during their small group time.
- INTERACTIVE. Lesson Activity: Three activity options – a group game, a missional activity, and a service project – to pick and choose from each week
- TRENDING. Social Media + Leader Ideas: Ideas to help you use social media to keep the discussion with students going throughout the week.
- GRAPHICS. Series Graphics, Social Media Graphics, and Printables.
This Series Is Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Click the PIZZA BOX to see all of our newest Youth Ministry curriculum series'!
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.