Resurrection Eggs 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum
NEW for Easter 2019 - Open up Easter Eggs each week to help kids learn the Easter Story!
Resurrection Eggs are a fun and engaging way to tell the Easter story to kids. Each week, kids will open eggs containing small tokens that help tell a small part of the Easter story. Kids will learn about people’s sinfulness, Jesus' greatness, and God’s loving forgiveness.
Resurrection Eggs Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse:“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIrV)
1. Perfect Eggs-ample - Kids will learn that Jesus is the perfect example of obedience to God and love for others. They will be challenged to ask God to help them follow in Jesus’ example of obedience to God.
Scripture: Mark 11:1-11, The Triumphal Entry (Egg 1: Donkey)
Matthew 26:14-16, Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus (Egg 2: Coins)
Matthew 26:17-30, The Last Supper (Egg 3: Cup)
2. Eggs-treme Trouble - Kids will be challenged to think of times when they have been embarrassed to talk about God with others and discuss how Peter’s story can change that.
Scripture:Mark 14:32-42, The Garden of Gethsemane (Egg 4: Praying Hands)
Luke 22:63-65, Jesus Mocked and Beaten (Egg 5: Whip)
Matthew 26:69-75, Peter Denies Jesus (Egg 6: Rooster)
3. Eggs-traordinary Love - Kids will learn that Jesus’ love knows no bounds or limits. Jesus died for me!
Scripture: Mark 15:16-20, The Crown of Thorns (Egg 7: Crown of Thorns)
Luke 23:26-28, 32-43, The Cross (Egg 8: Cross)
John 19:30-34, The Death of Jesus (Egg 9: Spear)
4. Eggs-citing News! - Kids will learn that because Jesus lives, we can be forgiven and live with him forever.
Scripture: Matthew 27:57-61, Jesus' Burial (Egg 10: Cloth)
Matthew 27:62-66, The Tomb (Egg 11: Rock)
Matthew 28:1-10, He is Risen! (Egg 12: Empty)
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet
- Memory Verse
- Skit or Puppet Show
- Craft Activity
- Large Group Lesson
- Small Group Discussion