Glow in the Dark 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum
Are you afraid of the dark? Everybody gets scared sometimes. But when we learn more about Jesus, the Light of the World, the things that frighten us begin to look less scary. We can learn to glow in the dark with the brightness that Jesus brings.
Glow In The Dark Lessons Overview:
“[Jesus] said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’” John 8:12b (NIV)
Worry-Warts – When we get anxious over things we can’t control, God wants us to remember how pointless that is. We need to trust him with our worries. That’s when we’ll see his light through the fog of anxiety. Matthew 6:25-34, Jesus’ teachings about worry.
Storms, Spiders, and Scary Movies – When we’re in the middle of a scary situation, it helps to remember that Jesus also had scary times in his life. However, since he trusted God, he wasn’t afraid! Jesus knew that God’s sunlight always returns after life’s storms. Luke 8:22-25, Jesus calms a storm.
Moving On After Messing Up – Most people are afraid of failure. But we can bounce back from problems—even problems that we created—when we remember that Jesus loves us, no matter what. His love is a bright light of courage shining into our darkest fears. John 18:15-18, 25-27; and 21:15-17; Peter denies Jesus and is restored to ministry.
Loneliness – Everybody wants to have a friend. It can be scary to feel like you're all alone. Jesus wants to be a friend to everyone, and he wants us to show that love to others too, so they won't feel alone. Not only does Jesus not want us to be alone on earth, but he wants to be our friend forever. John 14:1-7, Jesus is preparing a place for us in heaven.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.