Serving Jesus Faithfully
Kids love the little Minions that are everywhere these days. They're goofy, funny, and faithfully working to carry out whatever the next mission is that their villain boss has for them. God wants us to be just as dedicated to Him and work just as faithfully to change our world for good.
Disciple Me Lessons Overview:
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)
Lessons:Change of Heart
Scripture: Luke 19:1-10, Zacchaeus
Synopsis: Just like the main villain in Despicable Me had to change his old ways to do what was right, kids will learn that to be Jesus’ disciples we first have to realize we are sinners and we need a Savior.
Objective: Kids will name ways they can repent, turn and go the other way, from their sin.
Scripture: Matthew 4:1-11, Jesus is Tested in the Wilderness
Synopsis: Minions are always helping their boss seek out the secret weapon that will help them conquer the world. When Jesus faced Satan in the wilderness, his secret weapon was the Word of God, the same Word that can help us become disciples and fight temptation.
Objective: Kids will state how the Bible (God’s secret weapon) can help us become disciples.
Scripture: Matthew 14:22-33, Peter and Jesus Walk on Water
Synopsis: Minions are often easily distracted, especially with bananas. Kids will learn that being a disciple means we keep our focus on Jesus and don’t get distracted with temptation.
Objective: Kids will think of some things that can distract them from following Jesus completely.
Scripture: Matthew 6:24-27, Trust in God Only and Do Not Worry
Synopsis: Minions are completely loyal to their boss. God asks us to trust Him and serve Him only if we want to be his disciples.
Objective: Kids will have a chance to talk to their parents or small group leader about accepting Jesus as their Savior.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Disciple Me 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum and Children's Ministry Deals is in no way affiliated with the Despicable Me Movies, Minions Movie, or Universal Studios. Despicable Me and Minions are trademarks of Universal City Studios LLC, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this web site.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.