The Power of God!
We serve a powerful God who loves us and walks with us. Simple science experiments will help kids remember these Bible stories. The first 4 stories will teach kids 4 reasons why we can put our faith in God and the last 4 will teach kids how having faith in God will change the way they live.
Elements of Faith Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“You are the God who does miracles. You show your power among the nations.” Psalm 77:14 (NIrV)
Cloud In A Bottle
Scripture: Exodus 13:21-22, 40:33-38, The Cloud of God
The Israelites did not have an easy time as they traveled through the desert. But they always had a reminder of God's presence with them – a pillar of cloud during the day, and a pillar of fire at night. Kids will create their own Cloud In a Bottle as a reminder that God is always with them.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can have faith in God because He will never leave them.
Scripture: Joshua 3:7-4:7, Crossing the Jordan
Most of us know the story of how God parted the Red Sea, but did you know that God also miraculously helped the Israelites through the Jordan River to enter the Promised Land? This was God's reminder to His people that He was always with them. Kids will experience the Traveling Water experiment as a reminder that God shows his faithfulness to us over and over again. He never stops looking out for His people.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can have faith in God because He never stops taking care of us.
Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:25-49, David and Goliath
David didn't have much when he went up against Goliath; just 5 stones and a sling. But he had faith and trust in the power of God. Kids will experience the power of Newton's 2nd law as they make their own Marshmallow Catapults, and be reminded of God's power to help us.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can have faith in God because He is strong enough for any challenge.
Scripture: Judges 16:23-30, The Death of Samson
Even though God had blessed Samson with incredible strength, Samson often acted foolishly and behaved badly. Yet at the end of his life, Samson returned to God and was blessed one last time. Kids will watch the Imploding Can experiment to remind them of Samson's strength.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can have faith in God, because He can redeem all of our mistakes.
Scripture: Daniel 5, The Writing on The Wall
King Belshazzar was a bad man who worshiped false idols. God got his attention with a special message, but it was too late for Belshazzar. We however have a chance to learn from his mistakes and listen to God. Kids will use Invisible Ink to create their own secret messages.
Objective: Kids will learn having faith means when God convicts us of sin, we should repent.
Scripture: Matthew 4:18-25, Jesus Calls the First Disciples
When Jesus said, “Follow me,” the fishermen immediately left everything to become Jesus' disciples. Kids will try the Seeing Sound experiment as a reminder that when God calls us to action, we should move.
Objective: Kids will learn that having faith means we should obey God’s command to live life like Jesus.
Scripture: Proverbs 4:14-15, 1 Corinthians 10:12-14, Hebrews 2:18
The Bible says over and over again, when the temptation to sin shows up, we should run in the other direction. When we turn to Jesus, He helps us to avoid and overcome temptation. Kids will try the Avoiding Pepper experiment as a reminder to flee from temptation.
Objective: Kids will learn that having faith means we run to God and away from temptation.
Rice In a Bottle
Scripture: Ruth 1, Ruth and Naomi
Naomi was sad and without hope when her husband and sons died. But she didn't have to go through it alone; her daughter-in-law, Ruth, stood with her every step of the way. Kids will be reminded through the Rice In a Bottle experiment that a true friend sticks with you through thick and thin.
Objective: Kids will learn that having faith means we faithfully love others.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.