Everyone's Favorite Bible Game Show!
Each week, kids will memorize a new verse from God's word and learn the value of loving and trusting in Him. They'll also get to enjoy game-show-themed skits along the way! In The Verse is Right 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will memorize 8 Bible verses as they learn “I can love and trust God.”
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
The Verse is Right Lessons Overview:
Contestant Number 1
Scripture: Matthew 6:33: “But put God’s kingdom first. Do what he wants you to do. Then all those things will also be given to you.”
Every game show has contestants. Everyone wants to be contestant #1, because they get to go first. We all want to be important, but the Bible shows us who and what is most important: God and his kingdom.
Objective: Kids will memorize Matthew 6:33
Scripture: Psalm 56:3: “When I’m afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Sometimes we can let our fears overwhelm us. Fear competes with us for control of what we do, say, and think. The Bible instructs us to put our trust in God. With God in the picture, fear is defeated. No contest!
Objective: Kids will memorize Psalm 56:3
Scripture: Philippians 4:4: “Always be joyful because you belong to the Lord. I will say it again. Be joyful!”
We win some; we lose some. But those who chose joy always win! Whether times are hard, or things are going great, those who have Jesus can have a joy that never fades.
Objective: Kids will memorize Philippians 4:4
The Right Answer
Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways obey him. Then he will make your paths smooth and straight.”
Sometimes we aren't sure which is the right way to go, or the right thing to do. But the Bible assures us that if we put our trust in God – rather than trust in our own strength – He will make the way straight for us.
Objective: Kids will memorize Proverbs 3:5-6
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:13b: “God is faithful. He will not let you be tempted any more than you can take. But when you are tempted, God will give you a way out. Then you will be able to deal with it.”
Things get overwhelming sometimes. We can't get by on our own strength. The Bible tells us that when we are tempted to sin, we should seek God's help. He will never let us down.
Objective: Kids will memorize 1 Corinthians 10:13b
The Ultimate Prize
Scripture: John 3:16: “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.”
Game show contestants compete for cash, cars, vacations, and various other prizes. God offers us the greatest prize we could ever receive. He sent His Son to die for us; Jesus offers us forgiveness and the chance to live forever with Him.
Objective: Kids will memorize John 3:16
Bonus Round, Part I
Scripture: Mark 12:30: “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your mind and with all your strength.’”
People would often come up to Jesus and quiz Him as if He were on a game show. One time, someone asked what the greatest commandment was. In his answer, Jesus teaches us the importance of loving God with everything we have.
Objective: Kids will memorize Mark 12:30
Bonus Round, Part II
Scripture: Mark 12:31: “And here is the second one. ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ There is no commandment more important than these.”
Last week, Jesus was asked the question as to the greatest commandment. Jesus instructed us to love God with everything we have. But He didn't stop there. Jesus said it is also important for us to show God's love to each other. When we love other people, we are showing our love to God at the same time.
Objective: Kids will memorize Mark 12:31
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.