Bible Lessons Based on Kids' Favorite Fruits
God created a world full of yummy fruits that are sweet to eat and also give us the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to stay healthy. These fruits will show us some of the other great blessings God has given us in this world, as well as ways He wants us to live.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Fruit Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5 (NIV)Bananas - The Most Useful Fruit
Scripture: Galatians 5:22-23
Synopsis: Bananas are possibly one of the most well known, and most commonly used fruits. Whether or not it’s your favorite fruit, bananas are used in deserts, breads, pancakes, and even ice cream. Just like the banana can be used in many different ways, God gave us the Fruit of the Spirit to guide us no matter what situation we face.
Objective: Kids will name all of the Fruit of the Spirit.
Apples - Bye, Bye, Doctor
Scripture: 2 Kings 5:1-15 God heals Namaan
Synopsis: There’s an old saying that an apple a day can keep the doctor away. Apples may not have healing power, but God can heal us physically and spiritually if we put our trust in him.
Objective: Kids will think of one thing they need God to heal or share a time when he did heal them.
Cranberries - Through the Flood
Scripture: Genesis 6:9-22, The Flood
Synopsis: Cranberries are harvested by a flood. Farmers flood their fields and the cranberries float to the top. A famous flood in the Bible teaches us that God protects those who love him.
Objective: Kids will name something that scares them and ask for God’s protection.
Coconuts - What’s Inside?
Scripture: Exodus 17:1-7, Water From the Rock
Synopsis: Coconuts are hard as a rock on the outside, but inside is sweet, delicious milk. God once brought water out of a rock for the Israelites, showing us that God provides for our needs.
Objective: Kids will identify one need they have and pray for God to provide it.
Grapes - Sticking Together
Scripture: Acts 2:42-47, The Fellowship of Believers
Synopsis: You can’t grow just one grape. Grapes always grow in bunches and clusters. God made us to have friends so we can love and support one another.
Objective: Kids will name one friend they are thankful for.
Pineapple - Reaching Up
Scripture: Exodus 17:8-16, Amalekites Defeated
Synopsis: The pineapple grows out of a strange plant that seems to push the fruit up to the sky. When Moses lifted his arms to the heavens, God defeated Israel’s enemies, showing that He can help us when we trust and obey Him, even if we don’t understand what He’s telling us to do.
Objective: Kids will pray for victory over a sin they want to defeat.
Lemons - From Sour to Sweet
Scripture: Exodus 15:22-26, The Waters of Marah and Elim
Synopsis: Lemons are sour and hard to eat, but a little sugar makes them sweet. When life gets sour, God can make things sweeter.
Objective: Kids will share a difficult time when God made things sweeter for them.
Strawberries - Seeds on the Outside
Scripture: Matthew 5:13-16, Salt and Light
Synopsis: Strawberries carry their seeds on the outside. God will give us the courage to wear our faith on the outside so that we can be a witness to the world.
Objective: Kids will choose one friend they will pray for and tell about Jesus.
Kiwi - An Unusual Source of Nutrition
Scripture: Numbers 22:21-39, Balaam’s Donkey
Synopsis: The kiwi is a strange and unusual fruit that yields some surprising nutrition. God sometimes provides direction in unusual ways - like he did when Balaam’s donkey talked.
Objective: Kids will identify some ways God can speak to them.
Watermelon - A Cool Treat
Scripture: Genesis 33, Jacob Meets Esau
Synopsis: Watermelons are a cool treat for a hot day. God can give us a cool head and help us forgive others when they hurt us, just as he did with Esau and Jacob.
Objective: Kids will identify someone they need to cool down and forgive.
Cherries - Blessings on Top
Scripture: Acts 3:1-10, Peter Heals a Beggar
Synopsis: Cherries are often the crowning touch to a perfect ice cream sundae. They remind us that sometimes, God blesses us even more than we ask, like when Peter healed the beggar.
Objective: Kids will share one way God blessed or surprised them.
Oranges - Just What We Need
Scripture: John 3:1-21, Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
Synopsis: Oranges are packed with Vitamin C that keep us healthy and strong. God provided all our spirit will ever need when he sent Jesus to become our Savior.
Objective: Kids will state why we need Jesus to come into our hearts.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.