The Right Ingredients for Being a Good Friend
To build a great pizza, you need a crispy crust, yummy sauce, quality cheese, and delicious toppings. To build a great friendship, you need the right elements, too—like trust, compromise, listening, and unselfishness.
Pizza Party Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “A friend loves at all times. They are there to help when trouble comes” Proverbs 17:17 (NIrV)
The Crust: Trust – If your crust is bad, the whole pizza is ruined. In the same way, trust is the foundation of a good friendship. Real friendships are built on a solid foundation of respect and reliability. Proverbs 11:13 and 18:24, aspects of trust in friendship.
The Sauce: Compromise – Some people like their pizza sauce to be sweet and mild; some like it with a little more kick. But if everybody’s going to enjoy the same pizza, you have to agree on one kind of sauce. In the same way, sometimes friends have to compromise to enjoy their time together. Luke 12:57-59, work out your conflicts.
The Cheese: Listening – Most people won’t complain if the pizza is extra cheesy. Similarly, no one complains of a friend who is quick to listen. Good listening is vital to building strong relationships. James 1:19, be quick to listen and slow to speak.
The Toppings: Unselfishness – When ordering pizza it’s not uncommon to be asked, “What kind of toppings do you like?” As friends, we should consider others’ needs and wants ahead of our own. John 15:12-14, there’s no greater love than laying down your life for a friend.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.