God Has Good Things In Store For Us!
Are we there yet??? The family road trip can be great fun, seeing the sights and spending time together. It can also breed complaining about cramped quarters and boredom. When the Israelites took a road trip to the land God promised them, they complained the whole way. They forgot that God has good things in store for us.
Summer Road Trip Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“Into your hands I commit my very life. Lord, set me free. You are my faithful God.” Psalm 31:5 (NIrV)
Drive-Thru – There’s usually nothing very extraordinary about your average drive-thru meal; you’re usually just there to get a simple meal and get back on the road. The Israelites journey out of slavery began with a very simple, but special meal to show us that God has special things in store for us. Exodus 12:1-14, 31-42, Passover
Grand Canyon – When you stand on the edge of the canyon, you marvel at the thought of what it would take to get to the other side. When the Israelites reached the Red Sea, they saw no way across, but God showed them his amazing power to save. Exodus 14:5-29, The Rea Sea
Campground – Stopping at a campground may not be your ideal vacation destination, but even in the simple settings of a campground we can still find things to be thankful for and see how God takes care of us: a tent to keep us dry, food to eat around the campfire, beautiful scenery. God showed the Israelites over and over again that he is faithful to take care of us. Exodus 16:1-23, Manna and Quail
Rest Stop – There are rest stops along the highway for us to stop and take a little break. When the Israelites were tired and out of water, God created a rest stop for them in the desert reminding us that God is always with us and he knows what we need. Exodus 17:1-7, Water From the Rock
Grandparent's House – Sometimes we take road trips to spend time with family we don't see very often. In the desert, Moses' father-in-law visited and gave him some good advice, showing us that God brings wise people into our lives to listen to. Exodus 18, Jethro Visits Moses
The Beach – The beach is one of the most popular and exciting vacation spots. However, to make sure everyone has fun and stays safe there are a lot of rules at the beach. In the Bible, God carved his rules for living into stone to give Moses and the people the Ten Commandments. God's law is holy and good. Exodus 20:1-17, 31:18, The Ten Commandments
Tourist Traps – Usually tourist traps don’t live up to the hype and they just distract us from getting to our vacation destination. When the Israelites lost their faith in God, they built a huge golden calf to worship, forgetting that only our God is the one true God. Exodus 32:1-26, The Golden Calf
Disney World – For some road trippers, amusement parks are the Promised Land. When Moses was very old, God showed him from a distance the Promised Land that God had prepared for the people. God has prepared good things for us. Deuteronomy 31:1-8, 32:48-52, Moses Sees The Promised Land
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Congratulations to Amy Clifford was the FIRST person to order and she won a GIANT 42" Beach Ball from Amazon!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.