Children's Church Lesson - Taming The Tongue
This Children's Church lesson will help kids will learn that words have the power to build up or tear down. Kids will be challenged to use their words to help others rather than to hurt them. They will also learn that they can't do this on their own, but that they will need God’s help to learn to control what they say.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Children's Church Lesson - Taming The Tongue:
“Lord, may these words of my mouth please you. And may these thoughts of my heart please you also. You are my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalm 19:14 (NIRV)
Bible Story: Our mouth is a small part of the body, but it has great power over our lives. James writes some very discouraging words about the difficulty in controlling negative things from coming out of our mouths. Only with God’s help, do we have any hope of taming the tongue. James 3:1-12, Taming the Tongue
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Lesson:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Stand-alone lesson perfect for Children's Church or Sunday School
- Includes both large group and small group resources
- This lesson is an instant download
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this lesson, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.