Teach Kids About Jesus' Parables!
This series will go through 8 of Jesus' parables to help kids understand what they mean as well as how they can apply them to their life.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Parables of Jesus Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears should listen.” “ - Mark 4:9 (NIRV)
Scripture: Mark 4:1-20, Parable of the Sower
Kids will be introduced to what a parable is in this lesson. They will also study the parable of the sower to learn that God’s Word has to be number one in our life and if we try to make other things more important than following Jesus and obeying His word, it can cause our faith to stop growing and die out.
Objective: Kids will learn that a parable is a short story meant to help us learn an important lesson.
Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30 The Parable of the Talents/Bags of Gold
In this lesson kids will learn that it is not God’s plan for us to compare ourselves to others, but instead we need to try to do our best with what God has given us. God is not as concerned with how much or how little you have as much as He is concerned with how faithful and obedient you are with what you do have.
Objective: Kids will identify gifts, talents, or abilities they have been given and state how they can use those for God.
The Good Samaritan
Scripture: Luke 10:25-37, Parable of the Good Samaritan
Kids will learn from this parable that God wants us to show love to everyone, even people who are different than us or might disagree with us. This parable also shows us that we need to be ok with having our plans interrupted if it means we have to choose between helping someone and getting to do something we had planned to do. That’s how we show God and others that we love them, is by helping even when it’s not always easy for us.
Objective: Kids will learn that thinking of others ahead of ourselves is really important to God.
The Unforgiving Servant
Scripture: Matthew 18:21-35, Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
The parable of the unforgiving servant will help kids learn that we do not have a right to hold a grudge against others. This parable will help challenge kids to remember that they have made mistakes and hurt others when they are tempted to get mad at someone else, or judge someone else for making a mistake. They will be challenged to remember how good it felt when someone forgave them and be encouraged to try to do the same for someone else.
Objective: Kids will learn that when they are tempted to get angry or hold a grudge, they should remember that they have made mistakes too.
The Lost Sheep
Scripture: Matthew 18:10-14, Parable of the Wandering Sheep
In this lesson kids will learn that Jesus uses the example of lost sheep to let us know that God loves us very, very much. Kids will be encouraged knowing that they are very special, and very much loved by God.
Objective: Kids will learn that they matter to God and He loves them.
The Mustard Seed
Scripture: Matthew 13:31-33, Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast
This parable will help encourage kids that they can do big things right now! They don’t have to wait until they are older to make a decision live God’s way. Jesus told this parable to let us know that God is strong and powerful so we don’t have to be, we just have to trust Him.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can start trusting God and living life His way right now.
The Wise and Foolish Builders
Scripture: Luke 6:46-49, Parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders
In this lesson kids will study the parable of the wise and foolish builders and be challenged to think about what foundation they are building their life on. Kids will be given an opportunity to accept Jesus as their Savior and build their life on the wise and firm foundation of Jesus.
Objective: Kids will think about what foundation their life is being built on - Jesus or something else.
The Lost Son
Scripture: Luke 15:11-32, Parable of the Lost Son
In this final lesson the parable of the lost son will help kids learn that it doesn’t matter how many mistakes they have made, God loves them and wants to welcome them back into a relationship of following Him. Kids will be given an opportunity to accept Jesus as their Savior and receive forgiveness for their mistakes and sin.
Objective: Kids will learn that there is no mistake they’ve made that God can’t forgive.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- To download a free sample lesson of this series click here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.