New! Learning to Pray Jesus' Way
Just like the disciples back in the Bible, we can be confused about how to pray. When the disciples asked Jesus how to pray, Jesus gave us the Lord's Prayer. This beautiful prayer is a blueprint for us to remember God's perfection, God’s plan, God’s goodness, and our weakness when we talk with God. In The Lord's Prayer 6-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will memorize the Lord's Prayer and understand its significance.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
The Lord's Prayer Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “This is how you should pray. Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. May your kingdom come. May what you want to happen be done on earth as it is done in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, just as we also have forgiven those who sin against us. Keep us from sinning when we are tempted. Save us from the evil one.” Matthew 6:9-13 (NIrV)
How You Should Pray
Scripture: Matthew 6:5-15, Prayer
Prayer was an important part of Jesus' life on earth, and it should be an important part of our lives. Just like you talk to your friends or family every day, prayer is simply how we talk to God. Jesus showed his disciples – and us – how we should pray and how important prayer is.
Objective: Kids will learn that prayer is an important part of following Jesus.
Scripture: Matthew 6:9 & Isaiah 6:1-8, Isaiah's Commission
God is great and holy – Isaiah got to see that firsthand with God on a glorious throne surrounded by angels. God is so holy and awesome and the fact that He would even allow us to pray to Him is amazing. But that same God who is the most awesome and powerful being in the universe, not only allows us to talk to Him, but also to call Him “Father”, because He loves us.
Objective: Kids will learn that prayer allows us to talk to a holy and loving God.
Your Kingdom Come
Scripture: Matthew 6:10 & Matthew 26:36-46, In the Garden of Gethsemane
In the last hours before His death, we see Jesus' sadness as He prays in the garden. Despite His own desires, Jesus ultimately prays for the Father's will to be done. In our own prayers, we should seek to know and follow God's way with our life.
Objective: Kids will learn that prayer helps us put God's way before our own.
Our Daily Bread
Scripture: Matthew 6:11 & 1 Kings 17:7-16, Elijah and the Widow
Sometimes our situations seem hopeless – like in the story of Elijah and the widow – but God can work miracles to supply our needs. We should pray about our daily needs - food, clothes, health, etc. - to remind ourselves that all of these blessings come from God.
Objective: Kids will learn that prayer helps us see how God provides.
Scripture: Matthew 6:12 & Matthew 18:21-35, The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
God's forgiveness is available to everyone who accepts it and puts their faith in Jesus. Just as we have been forgiven, God expects us to extend forgiveness to others.
Objective: Kids will learn that prayer reminds us of the importance of forgiveness.
Scripture: Matthew 6:13 & 1 Corinthians 10:1-13, Warnings from Israel's History
The Israelites give us an example of people who were tempted to sin against God and gave into that temptation. Jesus’ prayer closes with the reminder that we have hope in the fact that God always provides a way out of temptation, ultimately by giving eternal life to those who put their faith in Him.
Objective: Kids will learn that prayer helps us resist temptation and accept God’s gift of salvation.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.