Staying in the Ring When Temptation Tries to Take You Down
In this wrestling-themed series, kids will learn how to stay in the ring when temptation tries to take them down for the count.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Against the Ropes Lessons Overview:
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7 (NIV)
Against the Ropes
Scripture: Matthew 4:1-11, The Temptation of Jesus
You are not the only one who has ever faced temptation. Even Jesus found himself against the ropes – tempted by Satan himself – yet Jesus did not give up. We can follow Jesus' example and stay focused on God's word to keep standing.
Objective: Kids will say, “I can resist temptation, because I have God's word.”
Scripture: Hebrews 4:14-16, Jesus our High Priest
We do not have to face temptation alone. Jesus is our Savior and our High Priest. Because he was tempted, he understands what we are going through and he helps us to fight temptation at every turn.
Objective: Kids will say, “I can resist temptation, because Jesus fights with me.”
Down for the Count
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:1-13, No Temptation Has Seized You
Temptation will rear its ugly head in all of our lives. But we have a choice whether we let temptation takes us down for the count or whether we will break free. If we seek Him, God will always provide a way out of temptation.
Objective: Kids will say, “I can resist temptation, because God provides a way out.”
Get Back In The Ring
Scripture: 2 Samuel 12:1-13, Nathan Rebukes David
Because none of us are without sin, we have all fallen to temptation at some point. King David loved God, but when he saw Bathsheba, he let temptation turn into sin. Nathan confronted David about his sin, and David repented. Just like David, if you know Jesus as your Savior, sinning doesn’t mean you’re out of the game. You have to get back up and continue to seek God to help you overcome temptation the next time.
Objective: Kids will say, “I can resist temptation with God’s help, but I will seek God's forgiveness when I stumble.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.