8-Week Bible Boot Camp with God
Soldiers train and train in order to find themselves ready for whatever situation they find themselves in. They start out in Basic Training, where they lay the foundation for their career as soldiers. We can use God's word to help us train so that we can live for God. This series will teach kids 8 important Bible Basics to lay the foundation for a lifetime of faith. In Bible Basics 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that we train with prayer and Bible study so that we can follow Jesus better.
Bible Basics Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“By using Scripture, a man of God can be completely prepared to do every good thing.” 2 Timothy 3:17 (NIrV)
Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:15-17, Scripture is True; John 1:1-14, The Word Became Human
A soldier at boot camp will learn very quickly that he needs to listen to instructions and obey them right away. A soldier learns that he can trust his leaders and obey them. The Bible, also called Scripture, is God's Word. It’s God’s instructions for our life. The Bible also calls Jesus “The Word” because Jesus lived a life in perfect obedience with God’s Word. We can trust that God's word because we know God is trustworthy.
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #1: God’s Word Is TRUE
Make Your Bed Soldier!
Scripture: Genesis 1:1-5, Genesis 1:31-2:3, Creation
One of the most basic things a soldier learns to do at boot camp is make the bed. You know what is not basic? Making the ENTIRE world! But God did it. And it only took Him 1 week!
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #2: God made EVERYTHING
Scripture: Genesis 2:7-22, Adam and Eve, 1 Chronicles 16:34
Even from the beginning, God showed his goodness. He created the Garden of Eden for Adam. And he created another person, Eve, so that Adam would not be alone. God deserves our praise; He is the very definition of GOOD.
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #3: God is very GOOD
Drop & Give Me 50!
Scripture: Genesis 3, The Fall; Romans 3:23, All Have Sinned
A soldier who disobeys orders quickly learns that there are consequences for disobedience. God created Adam and Eve to be in a close and strong relationship with Him. But Adam and Eve chose to follow their own desires and disobey God. Disobeying God is called “sin”. Sin has consequences too. The Bible tells us that the punishment for sin is separation from God. Just like Adam and Eve were no longer allowed to live in the Garden of Eden, our sin hurts our relationship with God too.
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #4: Sin Is Very BAD
Scripture: Exodus 14:21-31, 15:13, The Red Sea; John 3:16, God Sends Jesus
When soldiers learn to march, they learn what’s called an “about face.” This is simply making a quick 180 degree turn to march in the opposite direction. Our sin separated us from God, but that is not the end of the story. Our sin did not change the fact that God loves us very much. When God's people were suffering in slavery, God sent Moses to save them. Many years later, God would send his son, Jesus, to help all of us who have become slaves to sin to make a spiritual about face, and go in a new direction..
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #5: God LOVES You Very Much
Scripture: Luke 23:32-46, The Crucifixion; 1 John 1:9, Forgiveness
How can we halt the damage that sin is doing to our life? Only through Jesus. Jesus died, not because of anything he had done, but because he chose to take the punishment for our sins. Jesus died for our sins and rose to new life again. He has the power to forgive our sins. We only have to believe and come to him.
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #6: God Can FORGIVE Your Sin
Hit the Barracks!
Scripture: John 14:1-6, Jesus Prepares a Place, 2 Peter 3:9
After a long day of training a soldier looks forward to hitting the barracks for rest. Through Jesus, God made a way for our sins to be forgiven. When we put our faith in Jesus, Jesus puts us right with God again. That means that those who put their faith in Jesus have their sins forgiven, and will be able to rest forever with God in heaven.
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #7: God Wants To Be With You FOREVER
Scripture: Acts 16:6-15, Paul in Philippi
The news of who Jesus is and what he did for us is GOOD NEWS and deserves our attention. Paul went all around the world sharing the good news with people he met. We can help others learn about God wherever we are too.
Objective: Kids will learn Bible Basic #8: Learning About God Is GOOD NEWS
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.