Discovering God's Plan!
Scavenger hunts are fun adventures where we search for different things in the hopes we can win the prize. In this series, we’ll be searching for clues from the Bible that will help us find God’s plan. (Each week, the object lesson will be replaced with a Bible hunt. Kids will be given 3 clues to help them find that week’s scripture.”
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Bible Scavenger Hunt Lessons Overview:
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
“God Made Me in His Image.”
Scripture: Genesis 2:5-25
The great news in Genesis isn’t just that God made us. He made us in His image. God made us to be able to create and to love so that we could have a relationship with Him.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I am made in God’s image.”
“Sin Separated Me from God.”
Scripture: Genesis 3:1-11, The Fall
God’s creation was perfect - until people messed it up. The first sin separated the first man and woman and everyone since from God. If it wasn’t for God, we would have no hope because of sin.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Sin separated me from God.”
“God Has a Plan for Me.”
Scripture: Isaiah 6:1-8, God’s Plan for Isaiah
God made each one of us special. We’re made in His image, and He has plans for all of us. If we trust God, He will show us that plan.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God made me for a purpose.”
“God Made a Plan to Save Me.”
Scripture: Isaiah 9:1-7
God could have abandoned us to our sin, but He loved us too much. He made a plan to save us, and all throughout the Old Testament, He gave hints about that plan.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God had a plan to save the world from sin.”
“Jesus is God’s Son.”
Scripture: Matthew 16:13-19, The Disciples Identify Jesus.
God sent a man named Jesus who fulfilled all the prophecies about God’s plan to save people. He was a great teacher and a miracle worker. More than that, He was God’s Son!
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus is God’s Son.”
“Jesus Died for My Sins.”
Scripture: Matthew 27:32-54, The Crucifixion
In spite of all the good work Jesus did, the religious leaders became jealous of Him and wanted to kill him. They turned the people against Jesus and had Him crucified. It was all part of God’s plan to save us from sin. When Jesus died, He became the only perfect person to pay the punishment for sins he didn’t commit. By making that sacrifice, Jesus took the punishment for our sins upon Himself.
Objective: Kids will learn “Jesus died for my sins.”
“Jesus is Alive!”
Scripture: Luke 24:13-35, Jesus on the Road to Emmaus
Jesus’ followers were confused and disheartened after He died. They didn’t realize it was what Jesus came to do. Jesus rose from the grave to tell them, and us, that He had died to save us from sin.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus is alive and defeated death forever!”
“God Wants to Forgive Me.”
Scripture: John 4:1-26, Jesus and the Woman at the Well
Jesus knows we’re not perfect, but He loves us regardless. He wants us to receive Him so He can make us more like Him. We do not have to fix ourselves before we come to Jesus. We receive Jesus, and then He goes to work!
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can come to Jesus just as I am, and He can forgive my sins.”
“God Gave Me Special Gifts.”
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:1-14, Special Gifts
God knew us before we were born. He created each of us with purpose. Once we give our hearts to Jesus, we receive his Holy Spirit living inside of us. The Holy Spirit helps us to discover and use the special gifts and talents God has given us. These gifts can be used to serve God and serve others in His name.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God has given me gifts and abilities to be used for His glory.”
“God Wants Me to Love My Family.”
Scripture: Ephesians 6:1-3
God gave us our families. Our families are not perfect, but one of God’s most important commands is that we love them.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God wants me to love my family.”
“God Wants Me to Serve Others.”
Scripture: Matthew 14:13-21, Feeding 5000
We may just be kids, but even kids can make an impact on others. God wants us to love and serve others, as the boy who gave up his lunch did. That boy shows us that it’s not about how much we have to give, but rather it’s about giving all that we have to Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God can use me to serve others.”
“God Has a Forever Home for Me.”
Scripture: Revelation 21:9-27, A New Heaven and Earth
God has a forever plan for us. He’s making a new home where we will live with him forever. If we believe in Jesus, we will find that forever home and live with Him for eternity.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God is preparing a place for all believers to live with Him forever.”
_______Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.