The Journey of a Lifetime!
A road trip can lead us to some fun and exciting adventures. This Christmas, kids will take a road trip to Bethlehem (and beyond) to discover the fullness of God's love for us.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Christmas Roadtrip Lessons Overview
“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is the Messiah, the Lord.” Luke 2:11 (NIRV)
Scripture: Matthew 1:18-25, An Angel Visits Joseph
An angel visited Joseph to tell him that he should marry Mary, who would give birth to a Savior. When Jesus came to Earth, God the Father provided him with a family to give Him love and to show love. Our families are a gift from God.
Objective: Kids will learn – Christmas reminds us that we can show love to our families because God loves us.
Scripture: Luke 2:1-20, The Birth of Jesus
The best part of a road trip is the unexpected sights you encounter along the way. The shepherds had no idea of the sight they would see that first Christmas night – the Savior of the world.
Objective: Kids will learn – Christmas reminds us that Jesus is the greatest gift the world has ever seen.
Scripture: Matthew 2:1-11, The Visit of the Magi
People used to use paper maps to lead them on a long road trips. Now you're more likely to use a GPS to guide you on your way. Years ago, the Magi used a new star to guide them to the Savior of the world. If we seek Him, God will always show us the way to go.
Objective: Kids will learn – Christmas reminds us that we can look to God to show us the way to go.
Scripture: Matthew 2:12-21, The Escape to Egypt
On a road trip, you have to keep your eyes peeled for construction and other hazards on the road. King Herod was a hazard – determined to stop the newborn king, no matter what. But Herod did not realize that nothing could stop God's plan for Jesus – to be the Savior of the world.
Objective: Kids will learn – Christmas reminds us that no one can stop God's plans.
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.