Messy, slimy, gross tales from the Bible!
The Bible is filled with some messy stories – stories, nonetheless, that point us to an amazing, loving God. In this series, kids will not only learn some messy, gross stories, but they will experience them firsthand through messy games, crafts, and other activities.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Gross Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview:
“Lord, you are great. You are really worthy of praise. No one can completely understand how great you are.” Psalm 145:3 (NIRV)
A Little Too Salty
Scripture: Genesis 19:9-26, Sodom and Gomorrah
God saved Lot and his family when he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. But Lot’s wife did not obey God’s instructions; she looked back at the city while it was being destroyed and was turned into a pillar of salt.
Objective: Kids will learn that choosing our own way over God’s way, means we’re not choosing God’s best for our life.
Scripture: Jonah 1-2:1, and 2:10
God asked Jonah to go to the city of Nineveh and tell the people to repent of their evil ways and turn to God. Jonah didn’t want to so he hopped on a boat going the opposite direction from Nineveh. God used a big storm and a stinky fish’s belly to give Jonah a second chance to make a right choice.
Objective: Kids will learn that no matter how many times we’ve disobeyed God, God will give us a chance to turn things around.
The Hungry Worm
Scripture: Jonah 4, Jonah’s anger over Nineveh and the Shade Tree
God spared the city of Nineveh after they repented of their sins. This made Jonah angry. Even though God had just forgiven Jonah for his sin of running away from God, Jonah did not want God to forgive the people of Nineveh! God used a shade tree and very hungry worm to show Jonah that he had no right not to forgive others. Objective: Kids will learn that we can love and forgive others, because God loves and forgives us.
Spot the Difference
Scripture: 2 Kings 5, Naaman
Naaman sought out Elisha to heal him of his leprosy – a disease that left his skin spotted and gross. When Naaman followed Elisha’s instruction, he was healed. But when Elisha’s servant, Gehazi, acted selfishly, he was stricken with the same leprosy that Naaman was healed from.
Objective: Kids will learn that humility is better than selfishness.
Straight From the Fish’s Mouth
Scripture: Matthew 17:24-27, The Temple Tax
When Jesus was accused of not paying the temple tax, he found a clever – and gross – way to silence his accusers: producing money inside a fish’s mouth. Jesus provides for us each day in many different ways.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus supplies all of our needs.
Scripture: Mark 5:1-20, Jesus Heals A Demon-Possessed Man
When Jesus encountered a man possessed by demons, he had compassion and drove the demons out into a herd of pigs, who all scrambled to their deaths. No matter what struggle we face, when we come to Jesus humbly, there’s nothing He can’t heal and redeem.
Objective: Kids will learn Jesus is full of love, compassion and power
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.