Worshipping God Every Day!
We worship God in church with songs of praise, but that is just one part of worship. Worship can happen anywhere and at any time, regardless of the circumstances of our lives. Worship can happen when we sing, when we pray, and when we show love to others. In Mic Drop 8-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that every day we can praise God in some way.
Mic Drop Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“Honor the Lord our God. Worship at his feet. He is holy.” Psalm 99:5 (NIrV)
Sing a Song of Praise
Scripture: Psalm 150, Praise the Lord
The book of Psalms is really an ancient songbook filled with 150 songs that praise and honor God. Singing praise songs is what we commonly think of when we think of worship. We can sing to God anytime we want to praise the Lord, not just at church.
Objective: Kids will learn that we worship God with our words.
Whenever And Wherever
Scripture: John 4:1-25, Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman
The Jews worshiped in the temple; the Samaritans worshiped on a particular mountain. The Samaritan woman wanted to know which way was best. Jesus revealed that true worship can happen wherever we are.
Objective: Kids will learn that worship can happen anywhere, not just church.
Scripture: Luke 7:36-50, Jesus Anointed
In gratitude for who Jesus was, a woman came to him with an expensive jar of perfume and used it to anoint Jesus and wash his feet. This gift was her act of worship to Jesus. We can worship God with our actions as well. When we give our tithes to God or spend time helping someone we are worshipping God.
Objective: Kids will learn that we worship God with our actions.
With All My Might
Scripture: 2 Samuel 6:12-23, David Dances Before God
When the holy Ark of the Covenant came back to Jerusalem, King David was so full of joy, he could not contain it. He danced and worshiped God through the streets. David shows us that we worship God when we don’t worry about whether we look “cool” when worship, but we only focus on giving God glory.
Objective: Kids will learn that we worship God by not being embarrassed about what other people think of how much we love God.
In Good Times. . .
Scripture: Exodus 14:31-15:21, The Song of Moses and Miriam
God performed an amazing miracle when He parted the waters and saved the Israelites from Pharaoh's army. They were so overwhelmed by God's blessing that Moses and Miriam led them in praise and worship to their God.
Objective: Kids will learn that we worship God by thanking Him when good things happen.
. . . And in Bad Times
Scripture: Job 1, Job Loses Everything
In the course of one day, Job lost nearly everything he had, including his children. Even in these terrible times, Job still praised God. God is good, even when we don't understand why bad things happen.
Objective: Kids will learn that we worship God by praising Him when life is hard.
Even When Others Don’t
Scripture: Acts 16:16-34, Paul and Silas in Prison
Paul and Silas had suffered many hardships on their journey, including imprisonment. Even from their jail cell, when they were surrounded by many people who didn’t know Jesus, the two men sang praises to God. Their worship of God helped other people see how good God is and ultimately the jailer and his whole family were saved.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can give God praise even when no one else does.
With Our Whole Life
Scripture: Romans 12:1-11, Living Sacrifice
The ultimate act of worship is to give our whole lives to God. The world says to do things one way; but when we do things God's way, we honor Him. Loving God, serving others, and setting ourselves apart for God, are all acts of worship pleasing to God.
Objective: Kids will learn what it means to worship God as living sacrifices.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.