What God Wants To Say To Kids Today
Texts, email, instant messaging. The way kids communicate has changed significantly from past generations. But the message that God would communicate to them remains the same: he loves them and sent his son Jesus to die for their sins. Each lesson in this series will focus on texts kids might receive from God if He was on their contacts list. In Texts from God 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will know that God is reaching out to us, and he wants us to reach out to him.
Texts from God Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“I have hidden your word in my heart so that I won’t sin against you.” Psalm 119:11 (NIrV)
ILY 4EVA (I Love You For Ever)
Scripture: John 3:16 & Luke 23:32-47, God's Love at the Cross
God wants you to know that he loves you with a forever love. He showed his love by sending Jesus to die for us, to take away our sins and make a way for us to be with God in heaven forever.
Objective: Kids will know that God's love cannot be contained.
BAE (Before Anyone Else)
Scripture: Luke 14:25-35, The Cost of Discipleship
When several people tried to follow Jesus, he had some seemingly harsh words for them. But Jesus was showing them that we need to put God first, before anyone else.
Objective: Kids will know that we should put God and his kingdom first.
TMOT (Trust Me On This)
Scripture: Matthew 6:25-34, Do Not Worry
All of us can get so bogged down with worry over the concerns of our lives, but God commands us not to worry. We should put God and his kingdom first, and trust that he will take care of the rest.
Objective: Kids will know that worry comes when we lose focus on God’s promises.
ABD (Already Been Done)
Scripture: Ephesians 2:1-10, Made Alive in Christ
Many people think that to go to heaven or to earn God's love, they have to be “good enough.” The problem is we can never be good enough to earn God’s love. God is perfect and we are not. But the good news is that all the work has already been done by Jesus on the cross.
Objective: Kids will learn that we are saved by grace not by our efforts.
WAN2TLK (Want to Talk)
Scripture: Luke 11:1-10, The Lord's Prayer
The disciples watched Jesus go off and pray to the Father all of the time, so they asked him to teach them how to pray too. Jesus gave them a simple prayer that they could use to talk with God. Even today, God longs for us to talk to him.
Objective: Kids will learn that God loves when we take time to talk with him and listen to him.
TMA (Take My Advice)
Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:10-16, Paul's Charge to Timothy
Timothy was a young believer and pastor. Paul had some advice for Timothy, to help him stay true to Jesus by studying God's word. Scripture – the Bible – is a major way that God speaks to us.
Objective: Kids will learn that God speaks to us through the Bible.
RU Ready? (Are You Ready?)
Scripture: Isaiah 6:1-9, Isaiah's Commission
The prophet Isaiah received an unusual but wonderful blessing: he got to be in the presence of the angels as they praised and worshiped God. At the end of that worship, Isaiah made a commitment to go and serve God. If we want to be used by God, we have to take time to spend in his presence.
Objective: Kids will learn it is important to regularly spend time in God’s presence through prayer, Bible study, and worship.
14AA41 (One For All, All For One)
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, The Body of Christ
All of us who put our faith in Jesus, are a part of his Church. Paul called the Church “the body of Christ”. Each of us in the body of Christ have a part to play to spread the love of God to our family, friends, and the whole world.
Objective: Kids will learn that just as Jesus gave up his life so that we could all be saved, we are called to surrender our lives to the one true God.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.