Jesus Puts the Pieces Back Together!
Peter, the fishermen, was brash, bold, and impulsive. Despite his desire to do good, Peter didn't always do the right thing. He came close to wrecking things quite a few times, but Jesus was always there providing forgiveness and redemption. We may feel that we've “wrecked it” when it comes to the bad things we've done; but if we will turn to Jesus, He will put our broken pieces back together. In Wreck It Pete 4-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum, kids will know that no sin or mistake is bigger than God's forgiveness.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Wreck It Pete Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “The Lord is close to those whose hearts have been broken. He saves those whose spirits have been crushed.” Psalm 34:18 (NIrV)
What a Wreck
Scripture: Matthew 14:22-33, Jesus and Peter Walk on Water
Peter boldly stepped out of the boat to walk on water with Jesus. While he kept his eyes on Jesus, Peter was fine. But when Peter focused on the wind and waves, he almost wrecked himself.
Objective: Kids will learn that if we don't want to wreck it, we should keep our eyes on Jesus.
Making a Mess of Things
Scripture: Mark 8:27-33, Jesus Rebukes Peter
People were impressed with the words Jesus said and the miracles he performed, but they did not understand who Jesus was. Peter was one of the first to understand that Jesus was the Son of God. Moments later, though, Jesus was rebuking Peter for questioning God's plan.
Objective: Kids will learn that if we don't want to wreck it, we should trust God's plan.
It All Falls Apart
Scripture: Matthew 26:69-75, Peter Disowns Jesus
Peter’s life had no shortage of mistakes and missteps. But Peter's greatest shame came when he disowned Christ, swearing to people that he did not know Jesus. Peter let his fear cause him to sin against Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that if we don't want to wreck it, we need to trust God even when it’s difficult.
Putting the Pieces Together
Scripture: Acts 2:1-14, 41, Peter Preaches At Pentecost
Despite all of his mistakes and all the times he “wrecked things,” God still had an important part for Peter to play. On the day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came to Peter and helped him preach to the great crowd that was gathered; and 3000 people came to believe in Jesus that day. No matter how you have “wrecked it” you can be forgiven, and allow God to use you in a special way.
Objective: Kids will learn that even when we think we've wrecked it, God still has a part for us to play in his plan.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.