8 Bible Lessons on Things That Aren't What They Seem
There are many false ideas out there about God, about sin, about Heaven, and about matters of faith. Many of these ideas sound good, but they’re only illusions. Through optical illusions and other fun games, we will dispel some of these falsehoods and discover the truth in Jesus.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Optical Illusions Lessons Overview:
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
“Sin Isn’t a Big Deal”
Scripture: Genesis 6, Noah
Some people think sin isn’t a big deal. But if it’s not a big deal, then why did God flood the whole Earth? Sin is the cause of everything bad in our world. Thankfully God loves us in spite of our sin.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Sin is always bad.”
“Most People Are Basically Good”
Scripture: Romans 3:9-24
Anyone who believes people are “basically good” just needs to look at a few studies on human behavior to see how quickly even good people can do evil things. Sin is a problem for all of us, and we need God to step in and do something about it.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Everyone is a sinner and needs God.”
“I Can Earn My Way Into Heaven”
Scripture: Ephesians 2:1-10
People who are in debt with money can work extra to pay that debt off. Not so with sin. The Bible makes it clear that no amount of good actions can get us into Heaven. We are saved by grace.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I am saved by grace.”
“When Bad Things Happen, God is Punishing Me.”
Scripture: Job 2
Bad things happen to everyone. Bad things can happen at any time no matter how good or bad someone is. It’s not specific punishment for our sin, but just a general condition of our sinful world. We can rest assured God still loves us even in bad times.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God always loves us in good times and bad.”
“If I Mess Up, God will Reject Me”
Scripture: Luke 15:11-32, The Prodigal Son
We can’t earn our way to Heaven, but that doesn’t mean accepting God’s grace is easy. Some of us struggle with forgiving ourselves. The parable of the prodigal son teaches us that God will always love us, no matter how much we mess up.”
Objective: Kids will learn, “I can never mess up so bad that God won’t love me.”
“Stuff Makes You Happy”
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 5:8-20
The world tells us that people who had the most success and the most things are winners. The Bible reminds us that when we die, all that success stays here. Solomon wrote that success and possessions are meaningless. Only knowing Jesus will matter in the end.
Objective: Kids will learn, “What matters most is loving Jesus!”
“Jesus Was Just a Good Man”
Scripture: Matthew 17:1-13, Transfiguration
Some people say Jesus was just a good man and a good teacher. A careful reading of the Bible tells us that’s not possible. He was either a liar, a lunatic, or the Messiah. The testimony of the gospel writers says He was the Son of God.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus is God’s Son!”
“There Are Many Ways to Heaven”
Scripture: John 14:5-14, The Way, the Truth, the Life
Some people believe that all religions and faiths lead to the same place. Jesus says there is only one way to get to Heaven. He is that way. Jesus wants us to believe in Him and tell others about Him so they can be forgiven of their sins too.
Objective: Kids will learn, “Jesus is the only way to Heaven.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.