Using the Bible to Conquer Common Fears
Some common childhood fears are creepy crawlies, things that go bump in the night, being alone, and facing bullies. Whatever fears they deal with, kids will learn that our God is a God who gives protection, courage, and best of all, peace. In Fear Less 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that with God, they can conquer fear.
To get 2 additional game videos, make sure you select the "Curriculum + Games Pack" option. These additional games sell for $20, but you can get them both for only $15 when you order them together. (Click here to see more details on everything included in the games pack).
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Fear Less Lessons Overview:
“God gave us his Spirit. And the Spirit doesn’t make us weak and fearful. Instead, the Spirit gives us power and love. He helps us control ourselves.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (NIrV)
Scripture: Exodus 10:3-19, The Plague of Locusts
Some of us are scared of bugs and spiders. Even if we're not, none of us would want to encounter a swarm of them. Pharaoh's people encountered not only locusts, but gnats, flies, frogs, and many other things. But God's people sought out God and they were protected. Whatever might scare us, we can turn to God and trust him to give us courage.
Objective: Kids will say, “With God's protection, I will not be afraid.”
Scripture: 1 Kings 18:16-39, Elijah on Mount Carmel
The people of Israel had turned away from God and worshiped the idol, Baal. Only Elijah was brave enough to go against the crowd and stand up for the truth: There is only one true God. It can be scary to stand up to bullies especially when we have to face them alone, but God gives us the courage to do what's right.
Objective: Kids will say, “With courage from God, I can stand up for what's right.”
Scripture: 1 Kings 19:1-18, The Lord Appears to Elijah
After his victory at Mount Carmel, the queen wanted to kill Elijah. Elijah fled into the wilderness alone. He was scared and sad. But God sent an angel to supply for his needs; then God appeared to Elijah to let him know that he is never alone.
Objective: Kids will say, “With God's love, I know I am never alone.”
Not Being Loved
Scripture: Isaiah 6:1-8, Isaiah's Commission
Some of us may be afraid that we’ve made too many mistakes. Maybe we feel like God can’t love us or forgive us because of mistakes that we’ve made. Isaiah was scared and overcome with guilt for the sin in his life when he got a glimpse of how awesome and holy God is. But God showed Isaiah that He is gracious and forgiving and that He had a plan and purpose for Isaiah.
Objective: Kids will say, “With God's grace, I know I am loved.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.