Teach Kids The Fruit of the Spirit!
The tree doesn't TRY to grow fruit; it grows naturally as long as the tree has plenty of water and sunlight. The tree spends it’s time trying to reach down for water and reach up for sunlight and the fruit comes as a result. In the same way, when we focus on trusting in God and filling our mind and heart with God’s Word, the fruit of the Spirit will start to naturally be seen in our life.
You can also add our Fruit Of The Spirit Game Pack to your curriculum and save $10 on the games! Just select the Curriculum + Game Pack option above.
Fruit of the Spirit Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“But the fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It is being faithful and gentle and having control of oneself. There is no law against things of that kind.” Galatians 5:22-23 (NIrV)
Love – The Bible says that “God is love.” When we live by His Spirit, we will be like Jesus and do things out of love for others instead just doing things for ourselves. Luke 15:1-7, The Parable of the Lost Sheep
Joy – True, lasting joy can only come from knowing we have eternal life by believing in Jesus and accepting him as our Lord and Savior. Luke 24:50-53, The Ascension
Peace – Peace isn't just about feeling calm; we need to be peacemakers, helping people find peace in the midst of conflict. 1 Samuel 25:1-35, Abigail Creates Peace
Patience – Sometimes we want things done on our schedule, but we need to be patient and realize it’s ok for others to go first and realize that sometimes waiting is part of God’s plan. Genesis 21:1-7, The Birth of Isaac
Kindness – God is filled with loving kindness, and when we are filled up with God, we will show kindness to others whether or not they deserve it. 2 Samuel 9, David and Mephibosheth
Goodness – Any goodness we have comes from God. We need to remember that we are naturally sinful, but that we can do good things when we choose to live God’s way. Mark 2:1-12, Jesus Heals and Forgives
Faithfulness – When we commit to doing something and don’t quit until it’s done, we are showing faithfulness. When we always choose to make the right choice, even when tempted to do wrong, we are showing faithfulness. With help from the Holy Spirit, we can be faithful to God. 1 Samuel 24, David Spares Saul's Life
Gentleness – Gentleness may sound weak, but it actually takes more strength to be gentle. Displaying gentleness to others means that we are considerate of other people and treat them with love and respect even if they don’t treat us the same way. Jesus is our perfect example of gentleness that is also strong and bold. Matthew 11:25-30, Rest for the Weary
Self-Control – Self-control means exactly what it sounds like, controlling one's self. It means we are able to tell ourselves and others no when we may be tempted to do wrong. While the other young men in the king's court indulged in whatever they liked, Daniel and his friends exhibited self-control and they were blessed because of it. Daniel 1:1-17, Daniel's Training
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.