Teach Kids How God Untangled Us From Sin.
The bad things that we have done – our sins – have gotten us all tangled up. And on our own, there's nothing we can do about it. But Jesus came to get us unTangled. His love and forgiveness is the only thing that can finally set us free.
Untangled Lessons Overview:
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
Hair Cut - In the hours before Jesus was arrested and then crucified, he knew that his followers would become scared and run away. He tried to warn them of what would happen. He tried to comfort them. But Peter refused to believe that he would ever let fear control him. Peter believed that he was a man in control. Kids will learn that they cannot control their sin problem- only God can untangle them. Matthew 26:31-35, 69-75
Brushing and Combing - Pilate had a choice to make. He could set Jesus free or he could do what the crowd demanded. Pilate could see that Jesus had done nothing wrong. Jesus was perfect and upright in the eyes of God. But Pilate's fear was too great. If he let Jesus go, the crowd might turn into an angry mob. They might even turn to violence against Pilate himself. Pilate judged by a set of laws and rules that the Roman's lived by. But in this case, he ignored what the laws said, and allowed an innocent man, Jesus, to be crucified. Kids will learn that when we get tangled up in sin, simply following the rules won't save us. Luke 23:1-25.
Wash and Shampoo - How in the world did a thief condemned to die, get saved by Jesus? Was it because he would start doing good things to earn his way to heaven? No. This man was dying. He would never have a chance to do anything for God. He went to be with Jesus in paradise because of God's grace. He admitted his sinfulness and he turned to Jesus for help. Jesus was the only one who could help him. Right there on the spot, Jesus forgave him of his sins. Kids will learn that we need Jesus to untangle us from sin and clean us up. Luke 23:26-46.
unTangled - You could decide to cut all of the bad things out of your life, but unfortunately, sin has a way of growing back every time. You could try making a list of rules and regulations and obeying every one to the letter. But that turns out to be an impossible task and it doesn't get us closer to God. You could also just try to “be good.” But it turns out that our good deeds can't change the fact that we have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory. The point is, when it comes to overcoming sin, you can't do it, but Jesus can, and He did. God loves us so much that he sent his only son, Jesus, to die for us. Anyone who believes in him can have eternal life. Luke 24:1-12, 36-48.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.