The Birth of Jesus Brightens Our World!
Christmas lights come in many different forms, whether they be candles, strings of lights, or a yule log fire. They each point us to Jesus, who is the true light of Christmas. Jesus brightens our world, bringing us peace, joy, and love, which we can share with the entire world.
Lights Of Christmas Lessons Overview
“Life was in him, and that life was the light for all people.” John 1:4 (NIRV)
Scripture: John 1:1-14, Jesus – The Word and the Light
Darkness can be scary. But all it takes is one little candle to destroy the darkness and bring light. Jesus came to earth to be the Light of the World. Even in our darkest times, we can remember that Jesus can brighten any situation with his light.
Objective: Kids will say “Jesus' light brightens even the darkest situations.”
Scripture: Luke 1:26-38, The Angel Visits Mary
Gathering around the fireplace is cozy and warm, and gives us a sense of peace. Mary was distressed when she learned that she would have a baby, but she soon comforted to know that this baby was God's gift and would come to bring peace and comfort to all people.
Objective: Kids will say “Jesus' light brings me comfort and peace.”
String of Lights
Scripture: Matthew 1:18-24, Joseph Takes Mary as His Wife
It's fun to gather with the people we love – our families – and decorate the house with Christmas lights. Joseph loved Mary, but he was confused when he learned that she was going to have a baby. In a dream, an angel told Joseph to take Mary and to love the child as his own. To make them his family. Because he loved us, God sent Jesus to earth to bring us his light, and to give us the chance to be a part of God's family.
Objective: Kids will say “Jesus' light shows us the love of God.”
Scripture: Luke 2:1-20, The Birth of Jesus
Not only are luminaries beautiful to look at, but their light creates a path to follow to more Christmas joys. When the angels visited the shepherds, they set the shepherds on a path that would lead them to Jesus, the one who brightens our lives and brings us joy.
Objective: Kids will say “Jesus' light brings me joy.”
Scripture: Matthew 2:1-11, The Magi
The Christmas star shone in the sky for all to see, but only a small group of magi were wise enough to follow it to the true light of Christmas – Jesus. The magi shared with Jesus their gifts of gold, incense and myrrh. This Christmas – and each day of the year – we can share the light of Christmas, Jesus, with everyone we meet.
Objective: Kids will say “I can share Jesus' light with the whole world.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.