Trusting In God's Promises!
Kids may know that about the birth of Jesus recorded in the New Testament. But do they know that the Old Testament talks about Jesus throughout, too? In this series, kids will learn about the history behind the Christmas story as they connect what the Old Testament says to the events of that first Christmas.
More Than A Wish Lessons Overview
“Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” Isaiah 7:14 (NIV)
A Long Time Coming
Scripture: Genesis 22:17-18, All Nations Blessed & Luke 1:26-38, Mary
Way back in the book of Genesis, God told Abraham that through his descendants, all nations and all people on earth would be blessed. Fast forward to the New Testament, where one of those descendants, Mary, discovers that she will give birth to God's Son – all people on earth will be blessed because he came to earth.
Objective: Kids will say “God's word tells us that God always keeps his promises.”
Dreams Come True
Scripture: Isaiah 7:14, Immanuel & Matthew 1:18-25, Angel Visits Joseph
Joseph was upset when he learned that Mary was going to have a baby. When the angel visited Joseph to tell him about Jesus, he reminded Joseph of some of the prophet Isaiah's words about the coming Messiah. These words brought Joseph comfort and peace.
Objective: Kids will say “God's word brings us peace.”
Scripture: Isaiah 9:6-7, A Child is Born & Luke 2:1-20, The Birth of Jesus
The birth of every child is a special and important event, but the birth of Jesus was something more. It was the birth of a Messiah, who came to save us from our sins. His special birth was described by the prophet Isaiah hundreds of years before.
Objective: Kids will say “God's word points us to Jesus.”
Wish Upon a Star
Scripture: Micah 5:2, Bethlehem & Matthew 2:1-12, Magi
Herod was upset when he learned that the Magi were following a star in search of the newborn King. Herod ordered his servants to find out more information. They found that the prophet Micah had said Jesus' birth would be in Bethlehem. When the Magi arrived in Bethlehem, they presented the King with gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Objective: Kids will say “God's word tells us that Jesus is Savior and King.”
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.