Putting God First = Winning At School!
One of the things kids often ask when learning math is, “When will I ever use this in real life?” In this series, we’ll use common math functions to see how God can help us to have a great school year.
Bible Math Lessons Overview:
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33 (NIV)
God’s Math Helps Us Win!
Scripture: Matthew 6:25-34 Do not worry
Synopsis: When the school year begins, kids worry about a lot of things. What will I wear? Who will be my friend? Will I get good grades? Winning in God’s eyes doesn’t happen when we think about ourselves first. Instead, God wants us to put him first, and trust that he will add everything we need.
Objective: Kids will make a plan to start each day with God.
God’s Math Is Always Right
Scripture: Philippians 4:8 Think about good things
Synopsis: Your attitude affects every part of your day, from the way you do homework to the way you make friends. You have to subtract the bad attitude and replace it with a right one if you want to have a great school year.
Objective: Kids will pick one negative attitude they have and pray, asking God to take it away and replace it with a positive attitude.
God’s Math Works
Scripture: Acts 8:26-40, Philip and the Ethiopian
Synopsis: God knows that other people will know that God loves them, if we show love to others and tell them about Jesus. God does not want us to divide and ignore people who might be different from us.
Objective: Kids will name someone they might normally ignore who they can try to talk to and encourage this week.
God’s Math Makes Sense
Scripture: Matthew John 6:5-13, Jesus Feeds 5000
Synopsis: One boy’s gift of his lunch fed 5000 people. God can take our small acts of kindness and multiply them, letting love spread through our school.
Objective: Kids will think of one little thing they can do to show love to their classmates this week.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.