EXTREME Sports Teach Us About Going All-In For God
Using the theme of extreme sports, we will look at some of the extreme things that people in the Bible experienced and how that lead them to go “all in” with God to achieve amazing things.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Extreme Lessons Overview:
“Work at everything you do with all your heart. Work as if you were working for the Lord, not for human masters.” Colossians 3:23 (NIrV)
Scripture: Luke 19:1-10, Zacchaeus
Some of us enjoy jumping off the diving board into a pool, but cliff diving is taking that to the extreme. Zacchaeus went to extreme measures to see Jesus. And because of it, Jesus invited Zacchaeus to take the biggest jump of his life: following Him.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will take the jump and follow Jesus.”
Scripture: Exodus 3:1-15, The Burning Bush
Zorbing involves getting into a large clear plastic ball and running, jumping, rolling to in all different directions- often going very fast down a hill! Moses was trapped in a ho-hum life as a shepherd until God sent his life in a new direction through an encounter with a burning bush.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will be open to whatever direction God wants to lead me.”
Scripture: Judges 4:4-10, 14-24, Deborah
Keep your hands on the sail, and pay attention to the wind, because if you falter at all you may end up in the water. When Deborah gave instructions to Barak on behalf of God, Barak faltered. God still gave his army the victory, but the honor did not go to Barak.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will not let fear stop me from obeying God.”
Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:8-50, David and Goliath
The hardest part of bungee jumping is taking that step off of solid ground. But for those who do it, they experience an exciting thrill. When all of Israel's army was afraid to step out to face Goliath, only David had courage to make the jump. David never lost faith that God would give him the thrill of victory.
Objective: Kids will say, “I can conquer any challenge with God leading me.”
Scripture: Genesis 27:1-44, Jacob Receives the Blessing
Spelunking is the exploration of caves. It requires you to travel through the dark, into some very tight and often dangerous spaces. Jacob was used to getting himself into some tight spots. His behavior was often deceitful and wrong. One time, Jacob disguised himself as his brother Esau, in order to receive a blessing that rightfully belonged to his brother. Much later in life however, Jacob came out of the darkness of deceit to be used by God.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will choose truth and obedience over lies and disobedience.”
Scripture: Genesis 32:22-31, Jacob Wrestles
As we learned last week, Jacob made some pretty bad mistakes. But as he got older, he encountered God and God changed his heart. One night, Jacob got into a holy wrestling match, that God used as a way to show Jacob God would never give up on him.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will remember that God never gives up on me.”
Scripture: Matthew 7:24-28, The Wise and Foolish Builders
Rock climbing requires courage, strength, and determination. In the Bible, Jesus is referred to as our Rock. He needs to be the foundation of everything else in our lives. He can give us the courage, strength, and determination to face anything that life throws at us.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will build my life on the Rock – Jesus Christ.”
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 & 2 Timothy 4:6-9, Running the Race
A regular marathon is hard enough – running over 26 miles. But ultra-marathoners will run 50 or even 100 miles at once! Following Jesus is like a marathon: You have to keep running even when you are tired or discouraged. In this race, the rewards far exceed any problems we will face along the way.
Objective: Kids will say, “I will keep running the race with God by my side.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.