Teach Kids 12 Bible Verses to Use For the Rest of Their Life!
Teach kids 12 foundational verses that will be important for them to remember for the rest of their life. Each week kids will memorize a different memory verse so that by the end of the series they have memorized 12 important Bible verses.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Fantastic Verses and Where To Find Them Lessons Overview:
Verse: “Your word is like a lamp that shows me the way. It is like a light that guides me.” Psalm 119:105 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Matthew 4:1-11, The Temptation of Jesus
Synopsis: Kids will learn that knowing the Word of God will help us make right choices.
Verse: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength.” Deuteronomy 6:5 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Mark 12:28-34, The Greatest Commandment
Synopsis: Kids will learn that the most important thing we can do is make God #1 in our lives ahead of anything else.
Verse: “Everyone has sinned. No one measures up to God’s glory.”
Romans 3:23 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Genesis 3:1-13, 23-24, The Fall
Synopsis: Kid will learn that each of us have sinned and no one is perfect like God is.
Verse: “God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.” John 3:16
Bible Story: Luke 2:1-14, The Shepherds and The Angels
Synopsis: Kids will learn that Jesus came to be our Savior. He came to live a perfect sin-free life that we can’t live and then take the punishment we deserve for our sin.
Verse: “When you sin, the pay you get is death. But God gives you the gift of eternal life. That’s because of what Christ Jesus our Lord has done.”
Romans 6:23 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Luke 23:36-47, Jesus' Death
Synopsis: Kids will learn that we all deserve to die for our sin, but that Jesus was the only person who didn’t sin, and didn’t deserve death. But because Jesus loves us he chose to willingly die for us so we could be forgiven of our sin instead of being punished for our sin.
Verse: “But God is faithful and fair. If we confess our sins, he will forgive our sins. He will forgive every wrong thing we have done. He will make us pure.” 1 John 1:9 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Luke 23:39-43 The thief on the cross is forgiven
Synopsis: Kids will learn that if we believe in Jesus and confess that we are sinners and need forgiveness, he will forgive us of our sins.
Verse: “Faith is being sure of what we hope for. It is being certain of what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Matthew 17:14-21, Jesus Heals a Boy
Synopsis: Kids will learn that we can have faith in God and trust him completely, because God keeps his promises and there's no limit to what he can do.
Verse: “I can do all this by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Acts 3:1-10, Peter Heals a Man
Synopsis: Kids will learn that there’s nothing God can’t do through them to carry out his work on earth.
Verse: “Here is what I am commanding you to do. Be strong and brave. Do not be afraid. Do not lose hope. I am the Lord your God. I will be with you everywhere you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Joshua 6:8-20, The Fall of Jericho
Synopsis: Kids will learn that when we are following God, he may ask us to do things that are scary or don’t make sense. But, through the stories in the Bible we can know that God is trustworthy and that we do not have to be afraid.
Verse: “Do to others as you want them to do to you.” Luke 6:31 (NIrV)
Bible Story: Luke 10:25-37, The Parable of the Good Samaritan
Synopsis: Kids will learn that once we realize how much God loves us, He wants us to show other people that same kind of love by the way we treat them.
Verse: “A friend loves at all times. They are there to help when trouble comes.” Proverbs 17:17 (NIrV)
Bible Story: 1 Samuel 18:1-3, 20:18-42, David and Jonathan
Synopsis: Kids will learn that one of the best ways to show God’s love to others is to treat our friends with love and respect, even if they don’t always treat us that way.
Verse: “I have hidden your word in my heart so that I won’t sin against you.” Psalm 119:11 (NIrV)
Synopsis: Kids will review all of the scripture verses they looked at over the 12-week period and commit to keeping God's Word in their hearts.