Glow! 4-Week Children’s Ministry Curriculum
Shine Your Light in the Dark!
Kids will have some fun with glow stick crafts and activities as they learn how they can shine brightly for Jesus to show others that Jesus is the light of the world. Kids will learn that Jesus can brighten anyone’s life just like a light brightens a dark room.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Glow! Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
Memory Verse: “In the same way, let your light shine in front of others. Then they will see the good things you do. And they will praise your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 (NIrV)
The Light of the World
Scripture: John 1:1-15, John 8:12-19, Jesus is the Light of the World
Our light comes from Jesus. If we want to shine brightly in the dark, we have to put our faith in Jesus, the true light of the world. Kids will create Glow Jars. This will remind kids that when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior He fills our hearts with love that can shine for all the world to see.
Objective: Kids will know that Jesus is the Light of the World.
Shine Your Light
Scripture: Matthew 5:13-16, Salt and Light
Jesus has put his light inside of his followers. We aren't to hide that light away, but to share it with the world. Kids will create Glow Balloons (glow sticks carefully inserted into balloons) to remind them that our light is to be big and bold for all the world to see.
Objective: Kids will learn what it means to shine their light.
Scripture: John 4:1-14, The Living Water
When we shine our light, we give people a chance to share in the life of Jesus. Jesus called this living water, which wells up to eternal life. Kids will enjoy some Glow in the Dark Drinks (glow bracelets in the bottom of a clear cup with another liquid filled cup stacked on top) to remind us of the importance of Jesus' living water.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus offers eternal life to anyone who puts their faith in Him.
Scripture: Acts 2:1-12, Pentecost
The Holy Spirit came to the disciples, glowing like flames of fire above their heads. They went out boldly from there and shared the good news of Jesus to others. Kids will play Glow In The Dark Bowling (glow sticks in water bottle pins and a ball of your choice) to remind them that just as the bowling ball helps the pins reach other pins, the Holy Spirit still helps us share the love of Jesus with other people.
Objective: Kids will learn that the Holy Spirit helps us shine our light.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.