Cooking Up Something Wonderful with Jesus!
In this series, kids will explore the ingredients that go into a godly life, while they help “cook up” some fun snacks to reinforce each lesson. Kids will learn to have a godly life, we must use the ingredients and directions from God’s “recipe” which can be found in the Bible.
Ingredients of a Godly Life Children's Ministry Curriculum Lesson Overview
“Taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the person who goes to him for safety.” Psalm 34:8 (NIrV)
A Bowl of Trust
Scripture: 2 Kings 4:1-17, The Widow's Oil
The poor widow’s son was going to be taken from her to pay her debt. Elisha told her to get every container she had and fill it with oil. The widow said she only had a little oil, but she trusted Elisha and did what he said. She ended up pouring enough oil into every jar she could find and had enough to pay her debt.
Food Element: Cereal and Fruit
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly life begins with trusting God
Sprinkle with Obedience
Scripture: 1 Samuel, 3:1-11, 19-21, Samuel Hears From God
When Samuel heard a voice in the night, he thought it was his master, Eli. He soon learned that it was the voice of God. He listened and answered God and eagerly obeyed God.
Food Element: Cookies with sprinkles
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly person listens to God and obeys God.
Mix in Mercy
Scripture: 1 Samuel 24:1-18, David Spares Saul's Life
David was on the run from Saul who was trying to kill him. When David had the chance to sneak up on Saul and kill him, David showed mercy and spared his life. For one brief moment, Saul was changed by David's display of compassion and mercy.
Food Element: Trail mix
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly person shows mercy to those who don't deserve it.
Stir Together with Wisdom
Scripture: 1 Kings 3:1-15, Solomon Asks For Wisdom
God told the new king – Solomon – that he could ask for anything, and he would receive it. Solomon asked for wisdom, knowing that only with wisdom would he lead his people successfully.
Food Element: Hot chocolate mix
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly person seeks wisdom.
A Spoonful of Confidence
Scripture: Daniel 3:8-28, The Fiery Furnace
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego knew the right thing to do: they would not worship the king, they would only worship God. They stood up for the right thing with confidence, even when it landed them in a fiery furnace.
Food Element: Ants on a log (peanut butter, celery, raisins)
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly person stands for what's right.
A Dash of Boldness
Scripture: Luke 8:40-48, Jesus Heals a Sick Woman
When Jesus walked through the town, this woman who had been sick for many years knew it was her one chance to be healed. She boldly dared to touch the hem of Jesus' robe; her faith was awarded with total healing.
Food Element: Chips/crackers with hot sauce/bbq sauces
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly person reaches out for Jesus.
A Cup of Faith
Scripture: Matthew 14:22-33, Jesus and Peter Walk on Water
When the disciples saw Jesus walking on the water, Peter wanted to join him. Peter stepped out in faith and while he kept his eyes on Jesus, he walked on the water. When Peter got scared and focused on the water, he began to sink.
Food Element: Pancake mix
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly person keeps believing God no matter what.
A Heaping Helping of Love
Scripture: Mark 14:1-9, Jesus Anointed
When Jesus was eating in the home of Simon, a woman came in and anointed Jesus' feet with expensive perfume and with her tears, lavishing him with her love. Jesus admired this act of love and held this woman up as an example of how we should love Him.
Food Element: Candy Assortment
Objective: Kids will learn that a godly person loves Jesus and loves others.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.