Teach Kids the Beatitudes with the Beati-DUDES!
In the first sermon he ever preached, Jesus gave us the Beatitudes, eight blessings promised to those who seek Jesus and live for him. The Beatitudes can change the way we look at life and help us to live in a way that honors Jesus.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Surf's Up Lessons Overview:
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)
Hang 8, Dude
Scripture: Matthew 5:1-12, Beatitudes
Synopsis: In his first sermon, called the Beatitudes, Jesus promised eight things to those who live in the following ways.
Objective: Kids will learn what the Beatitudes are.
On your knees, Dude
Scripture: 1 Samuel 24:1-7
Synopsis: Jesus said the poor in spirit, the humble, will receive the kingdom of heaven. David was humble and submitted to King Saul as Israel’s leader.
Objective: Kids will identify an area in their lives where they are prone to bragging, and will commit to being humble in that area this week.
Tough break, Dude
Scripture: Luke 23:26-27, Matthew 28:1-10 Mary and others mourn for Jesus
Synopsis: Mourning is part of life, and no one likes to be sad, but Jesus promised that God will always comfort us.
Objective: Kids will give something they are sad about to God in prayer.
Take it easy, Dude
Scripture: Ephesians 4:29-32
Synopsis: Jesus said the meek will inherit the Earth. Jesus wants us to be gentle of heart, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
Objective: Kids will identify a word or phrase they use that is “unwholesome” and commit to not saying it this week.
That’s righteous, Dude
Scripture: John 4:1-26, Woman at well
Synopsis: Jesus said those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be filled. Jesus will bless those who try to live a good and holy life.
Objective: Kids will identify an area of sin that has been difficult for them to overcome, and will be able to verbalize that Jesus is able to help them overcome any sin.
Give ‘em a break, Dude
Scripture: Matthew 18:21-35, Parable of unmerciful servant
Synopsis: Jesus promised mercy to those who are merciful. He wants us to forgive as we’ve been forgiven.
Objective: Kids will choose to forgive someone who has wronged them.
Nice heart, Dude
Scripture: Proverbs 4:10-19
Synopsis: Jesus said the pure in heart will see God. God wants us to flee from sin and keep our hearts and minds as free of evil as possible.
Objective: Kids will identify something that is not a positive influence and say what they can replace it with that is good.
Chill out, Dude
Scripture: Matthew 5:23-26
Synopsis: Jesus said we are his children if we are peacemakers. God wants us to live at peace with others and to help others make peace with one another.
Objective: Kids will share specific ideas on how to be peacemakers.
Shake it off, Dude
Scripture: Acts 5:17-42, Disciples rejoice in persecution
Synopsis: Jesus said that we will be persecuted if we live for him, but Jesus also says that our faithfulness will be rewarded in Heaven.
Objective: Kids will learn that it is a blessing to be made fun of for being Christian.
Hang 8, Duuuuuude!
Scripture: Matthew 5:1-12, Beatitudes
Synopsis: We can have a radical life with Jesus when we choose to live in the following ways.
Objective: Kids will review and state all of the Beatitudes.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee (Digital Downloads). If you aren't doing cartwheels of joy because you love this Children's Ministry curriculum, we will give you a big hug and give you a 100% refund, no matter the reason. If you're not happy, we're not happy.
Refund Policy (Printed Books). We custom print each book that is ordered, so unfortunately we cannot issue refunds for printed books. However, if there is any problem with your order, please let us know and we will work to make it right :-)
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.