NEW For Winter 2022 - Winter Fails!
This series will look at some really bad ideas for new winter sports. These are the kinds of ideas that if you saw people actually playing these sports would make you say “they probably didn’t think that one through!” These goofy ideas will also help us look at some people from the Bible who probably should have thought things through a little better as well. By looking at their stories we can learn what they could have done differently and how that can help us make better, more God-honoring decisions in our own life.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Winter Games Lessons Overview
“The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.” Proverbs 12:15
No Pads Hockey
Scripture: 1 Kings 22:1-40, Ahab Doesn’t Listen to God
Ice Hockey is a fast-paced, action packed game that requires everyone to wear pads and helmets. Why? Because it’s too dangerous to play without them! If we choose to go our own way instead of following God, we’ll find that it’s like playing hockey without pads. It’s just not going to end well.
Objective: Kids will learn, “God’s way is always the best way.”
Full Contact Ice Dancing
Scripture: Acts 5:1-11, Ananias and Sapphira
Ice Dancing is a beautiful exhibition of speed and grace, but what if you sent two pairs out on the ice at the same time and told them that the last group standing wins gold? It could get pretty ugly fast! As bad as that idea sounds, you know what’s even worse? Trying to lie to God. Ananias and Sapphira didn’t need a collision on ice skates to make a mess of things. They made their own mess lying to the church and to God.
Objective: Kids will learn, “It’s always better to be honest about a mistake, than lie about success.”
Scripture: James 3:1-12, “Curling” Our Tongues
Curling is played with a heavy stone that slides across the ice. The goal is to control the stone as it glides across the ice so it lands in exactly the right place. You wouldn’t want to play dodgeball with a curling stone because it’s just too dangerous. Our words can be a lot like those curling stones. When directed by God’s Word they can do a lot of good. But if we use our words to hurt others, we may as well be throwing curling stones.
Objective: Kids will learn, “The words I say should be encouraging and kind.”
Scripture: Matthew 14:22-33, Peter Walks on Water
Who wants to swim in the winter? Other than a quick plunge for charity, swimming is best left to summer. Winter sports take place on top of the water, where Peter once walked. If we keep our eyes on Jesus, we can do anything He calls us to do. If we don’t, we might end up frozen by fear.
Objective: Kids will learn, “I will keep my eyes on Jesus.”
_______Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.