The right kind of influence
Social media is where anyone can become a star. It's also where people are canceled, where bullies wreak havoc, and otherwise normal people waste a whole lot of precious time. Unchecked social media can become a huge distraction, pulling us away from things we should be doing and real people who deserve our attention. With God's help, we can find a better way to balance social media with the life God wants us to lead. In Anti-Social 4-Week Youth Ministry Curriculum, students will reevaluate their time spent online and commit to what's truly important.
Anti-Social Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 (NIV)
Scripture: Luke 19:1-10, Zacchaeus Does Not Get Canceled
Social media has given the masses a platform to cancel people - destroying people's lives and careers for the wrongs they have committed in the recent or even distant past. While many of those canceled may seem deserving of their sentence, the result of so many cancellations is that we are all one post away from being canceled ourselves. Jesus showed us a better way to deal with people's errors when He had compassion on a man who probably deserved to be canceled - a tax collector named Zacchaeus.
Objective: Students will consider compassion and reconciliation rather than cancellation.
Scripture: Philippians 2, Being Humble Like Christ
First came the smartphone with the camera. Then came the selfie. Then everything that came with selfies, from selfie sticks to the duck face. We spend a lot of time looking at the camera on our side of the phone, but how much time do we spend looking through the camera on the other side? God wants us to put others first, to flip the cameras, and to serve others.
Objective: Students will brainstorm ways they can help others rather than focus on themselves.
Scripture: Matthew 28:16-20, The Great Commission
The beautiful thing about social media is that anyone can become a star, an influencer, making millions promoting all sorts of products. But as believers, what kind of influence are we having on the world? God wants us to remember the Great Commission so we can influence others online and in-person to discover Jesus.
Objective: Students will be challenged to use their influence to point others to Jesus.
Scripture: Acts 8:26-40, Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch
Social media gives us the illusion of friendship with people around the world, but there is simply no substitute for the real-life connections we make, like the one Philip made with an Ethiopian nobleman. We need to curb our lazy time online - playing games, posting media, or just scrolling - so we do not miss the opportunities God gives us to serve others in real life.
Objective: Students will make it a goal to reduce their online time this week and intentionally look for ways to serve others.
About This Curriculum:
- Instant Download
- 4-Week Series
- Perfect for 6th-12th Grade Students
- Great for Weekend or Mid-Week Programming
- Includes Both Large Group and Small Group Resources
- Download a sample lesson from this series here.
Each Lesson Includes:
- DOWNLOAD. Teacher Prep: Printable lesson overview – with tips and encouragement – to distribute to each leader and teacher on your team.
- UPLOAD. Large Group Teaching Guide: Printable “no prep required” Bible lesson for your Large Group Leader.
- POP QUIZ. Print and distribute this quiz to each of your students. Questions are based on the Upload Bible Lesson.
- COMMENT & SHARE. Small-Group Discussion Guide: Print and distribute this guide to leaders and students for use during their small group time.
- INTERACTIVE. Lesson Activity: Three activity options – a group game, a missional activity, and a service project – to pick and choose from each week
- TRENDING. Social Media + Leader Ideas: Ideas to help you use social media to keep the discussion with students going throughout the week.
- GRAPHICS. Series Graphics, Social Media Graphics, and Printables.
This Series Is Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Click the PIZZA BOX to see all of our newest Youth Ministry curriculum series'!
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.