Use Popular Easter Candy to tell the Easter Story
Who doesn't enjoy waking up on Easter morning to find a basket filled with our favorite candies? This series uses some of those candies to show kids that the greatest joy that we can experience in this life is knowing Jesus as King, Son of God, Savior, and Lord.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
What's In Your Basket? Curriculum Overview:
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6 (NIRV)
Scripture: Mark 11:1-10, Jesus Rides into Jerusalem
Jelly Beans are a celebration of color. When Jesus rode into Jerusalem, the people celebrated the arrival of the King. Our lives become a celebration when we make Jesus our King and Savior.
Objective: Kids will say, “Jesus is King; I will celebrate Him.”
Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs
Scripture: Matthew 21:12-16, Jesus at the Temple
Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs have peanut butter and chocolate – two tastes that go great together. When Jesus went to the temple, the people saw two sides of Jesus: his passion for God's temple and his compassion for people. Both sides reveal the truth that Jesus is God's Son.
Objective: Kids will say, “Jesus is the Son of God; I will love like Him.”
Scripture: Luke 23:32-43, The Crucifixion
Peeps is an Easter treat and also a slang term for the people closest to us. Jesus was hung on a cross close to two thieves. One of the thieves recognized that Jesus was the one who saves us, and wanted to become one of his "peeps." Jesus came to be our Savior and died for our sins.
Objective: Kids will say, “Jesus is Savior; I will live for Him.”
Scripture: John 20:1-18, The Empty Tomb
When you bite into a Chocolate Easter Bunny, you discover an empty shell. When Mary Magdalene went to the tomb, she found that it was empty. Jesus rose from the grave in power; he is our Lord.
Objective: Kids will say, “Jesus is Lord; I will worship Him.”
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Be sure to check out our Easter Worship Songs for Kids Playlist on Spotify!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.