Journey to the Cross
So much happened during the last week of Jesus’ life, as he prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for us. This series is designed to be used the six weeks before Easter, to show the events leading up to and including Jesus' death on the cross – where he made a way for us. In Countdown to Easter 6-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn the details of Jesus' final week before his crucifixion.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Countdown to Easter Lessons Overview:
“But here is how God has shown his love for us. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 (NIrV)
All Hail the King
Scripture: Luke 19:28-44, The Triumphal Entry
When Jesus rode into Jerusalem for the last time, the people came out to celebrate. They celebrated him as the king and as being sent from God. Hard to believe that less than a week later, those same people would reject him.
Objective: Kids will learn that we celebrate Jesus as King and Savior.
Den of Robbers
Scripture: Mark 11:12-19, Jesus Clears the Temple
When Jesus entered the temple courts, he saw that the people were dishonoring God's holy place. In his passion for God, Jesus overturned the tables and drove the merchants out.
Objective: Kids will learn that we should honor and revere God.
Scripture: Matthew 26:6-16, Jesus Anointed & Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus
A woman came to him and washed Jesus' feet and anointed him. She knew that she was not worthy of Jesus' love. Perhaps because Jesus did not act the way Judas wanted, he went out and made plans to turn Jesus over to those who wanted to kill him. Two different people with two very different reactions to Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that our reaction to Jesus should be love and a desire to serve.
Scripture: John 13:1-17, Jesus Washes The Disciples' Feet & Luke 22:14-23, Last Supper
In his last time with his disciples before his death, Jesus washed his disciples' feet and encouraged them to serve others just as he had served them. Then Jesus shared a meal with them, asking them to remember him each time they ate the bread and drank the cup together.
Objective: Kids will learn we should remember the goodness of Jesus and strive to follow his example.
The Only Way
Scripture: Mark 14:32-50, In the Garden & Mark 15:1-20, Jesus Before Pilate
Jesus was sad and distressed; he knew his death was coming soon. Although it was painful, in the end, Jesus went willingly. He knew that his death and resurrection was the only way that we could be saved from our sin.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus is the only way that we can be saved from our sins.
Dead and Buried
Scripture: Matthew 27:27-51, The Crucifixion & John 19:38-42, The Burial of Jesus
Jesus did not deserve to die. But he allowed himself to suffer, to be humiliated, and to die. He did it for us. He did it because of his love for us. Jesus’ death and burial are the saddest part of the story, but they will lead us to Easter morning and the victory we have in Jesus.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus suffered and died because of his great love for us.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.