Staying faithful even in when your feeling down-in-the-dumps
Life is full of bummers. Bad grades, lost games, lost opportunities. Not too many people have had it worse than Joseph, who was sold by his own brothers and later tossed in jail. But Joseph never lost faith, and his life shows us how God is with us, even in bad times. In Bummer! 8-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn that God is with them in good times and bad.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Bummer! Lessons Overview:
“The Lord is a place of safety for those who have been treated badly. He keeps them safe in times of trouble.” Psalm 9:9 (NIrV)
Dad Likes Him Best
Scripture: Genesis 37:1-11, Joseph is the Favorite
When you're one of 13 kids, there's bound to be sibling rivalry, especially when Dad clearly likes one brother better than the others. Jacob was unfair to his children, but Joseph's brothers should have remembered to draw their self-worth not from their earthly father but their heavenly father.
Objective: Kids will say that when life is unfair, they will remember God loves them completely.
How I Sold My Brother
Scripture: Genesis 37:12-36, Joseph is Sold
Joseph may have been the favorite and may have been a little cocky, but did he really deserve to be sold into slavery? When bad things happen to us, we can still trust that God is in control.
Objective: Kids will say that God is in control, even when bad things happen to them.
Scripture: Genesis 39, Joseph is Jailed
Joseph's reputation took a hit when he was wrongly accused of a crime, but his character did not change. God wants us to maintain good character no matter what so that we can stay right with God.
Objective: Kids will say that God can help them keep their good character even in challenging times.
The Absent-Minded Butler
Scripture: Genesis 40, The Cup Bearer and the Baker
Pharaoh's butler had much to be grateful for after Joseph interpreted his dream. Unfortunately, he forgot all about the man who did a good deed for him. We should always do good to others, even when there's nothing in it for us, so that we can share God's love with others.
Objective: Kids will say that they will do good to others even when they get nothing in return.
Bad News for Pharaoh
Scripture: Genesis 41:1-40, Pharaoh’s Dream
God sent some bad news to Pharaoh in the form of cows and corn, but he also sent a hero who would save his kingdom from the coming trouble. God came through for Pharaoh and Joseph at just the right moment because He never forgot Joseph.
Objective: Kids will say that God will supply what we need when we need it.
The Same Thing Every Night for Dinner
Scripture: Genesis 41:41-49, Food for the Famine
If we had to eat the same thing every night for dinner, we’d think that was a bummer. When the famine hit Egypt, the people ate the same thing every night, but they were grateful God had sent Joseph to provide enough food to get them through!
Objective: Kids will learn that one way to deal with disappointment is to focus on the things they have to be grateful for.
No Food in Canaan
Scripture: Genesis 42, Joseph’s Brothers go to Egypt
Joseph's story doesn't end with saving Egypt from the famine. It ends with a family reunion, when Joseph is able to give food to his brothers. The story of Joseph is a powerful picture of how God takes care of us!
Objective: Kids will learn that God is always in control and is always working!
The Trouble with Benjamin
Scripture: Genesis 44-45, The Silver Cup and Joseph is Revealed
Before Joseph revealed himself to his family, he tested them to see if they'd changed by framing his younger brother for theft. When the brothers begged for Benjamin's life, Joseph revealed himself and forgave them.
Objective: Kids will learn that with God's help, we can make peace with anyone who has wronged us.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.