Spending time in PrayeRRRRRRR
A smart pirate always keeps a compass and map handy to navigate the seven seas. As we navigate through life, we can rely on Jesus to help us stay the course, do what is right, and never give up. This pirate-themed series will encourage kids to be in the daily habit of asking Jesus to help them navigate the smooth waters and rough seas of their life! In The Pirates Who Pray 8-Week Children's Ministry, kids will learn why we pray and what we should always pray for.
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
Pirates Who Pray Overview:
“Here is what we can be sure of when we come to God in prayer. If we ask anything in keeping with what he wants, he hears us.” 1 John 5:14 (NIrV)
You and Me, God
Scripture: Matthew 14:23; Mark 1:35, 6:46; Luke 5:16, 6:12; Jesus Prays by Himself
How do we know that prayer is an important, daily habit? Because Jesus, the Son of God, went off by Himself to pray all the time. If Jesus needed constant connection to His Heavenly Father, then we need it even more.
Objective: Kids will learn that we have a need to connect with God daily through prayer.
God Bless Mom, God Bless Dad
Scripture: 1 Samuel 1:1-20, Hannah Prays for a Son
Samuel's mother prayed fervently for a child, and when God answered her prayer, she dedicated her son to the Lord. Hannah never ceased praying for Samuel, who became a great leader. Just as our parents pray for us, we should pray for them and the rest of our family.
Objective: Kids will learn that is important to pray for their family's spiritual as well as physical needs.
Which Way Do I Go?
Scripture: Judges 6:36-40, Gideon Prays for a Sign
Gideon wanted to be absolutely, positively sure that he was doing the right thing by leaving the farm to raise an army. He asked God for signs, and God answered every time. The more we pray, the surer we will be that we are following God's will.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can pray to ask God for help in making decisions.
Scripture: Psalm 51, David Prays for Repentance
When we mess up and sin, we can do one of two things. We can try to cover it up, which never works, or we can confess our sin. When David was caught in his sin, he confessed his sin openly, and God forgave him.
Objective: Kids will learn that part of our prayer time should be confessing of our sins to God.
No Place Else to Go
Scripture: Job 1, Job Prays
Job woke up one day and had everything. He woke up the next day and had nothing. Even in his grief, Job prayed for comfort knowing that no matter how much he lost, he still had God.
Objective: Kids will learn that we can always pray to God when we are sad or hurt.
Scripture: Daniel 6, Daniel Prays in the Lion's Den
What do you do when you're tossed in a den of lions? You pray, that's what! Whenever we face a difficult or scary situation, we can pray to receive courage from the Lord.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can pray to God when they are scared.
Never Give Up
Scripture: Nehemiah 1, Nehemiah Prays
Sometimes the thing we need most is the strength to keep going in hard times. When the Israelites faced danger from every side, Nehemiah prayed for protection and perseverance. When we pray for help, God will give us the strength to keep on going.
Objective: Kids will learn that they can pray continually when facing an ongoing challenge.
The Great Escape
Scripture: Acts 12:1-19, The Believers Pray for Peter
Sometimes, when all seems hopeless and lost, God does a miracle and saves the day. The believers prayed for Peter when he was arrested, and God broke him out of jail with the help of an angel. We can pray with confidence knowing that God answers our prayers.
Objective: Kids will learn that God answers prayer, but not always in the way we expect or want.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money-Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.