Good Lessons From Bad Choices.
There are many great lessons to be learned from the heroes of the Bible, but there are some valuable lessons we can also learn from Bible villains. Some were motivated by greed and jealousy. Others were just plain evil. All of them though, have lessons we can learn from their mistakes to teach us about living for God and doing what is right. In BAD 4-Week Children's Ministry Curriculum, kids will learn lessons about living a righteous life and avoiding temptation from some Bible villains.
BAD Lessons Overview:
“There is a way that appears to be right. But in the end, it leads to death.” Proverbs 14:12 (NIrV)
Scripture: Judges 16:4-22, Samson and Delilah
Did she seek Samson out to destroy him, or was she a woman in love who was blackmailed into doing evil? Delilah's motives remain a mystery, but her story is a warning to all of us. We need to be aware that sometimes temptation comes not from an evil face, but the face of someone we trust and love.
Objective: Kids will learn that we need to be on guard against the temptation that comes through peer pressure from friends.
Scripture: 1 Samuel 28:16-19, Saul Find Out He Is About To Die
Saul is the "Darth Vader" of the Old Testament. He was the chosen one, God's anointed king of Israel. Had he followed God, his descendants would have reigned over Israel for many years, but Saul's ego led him to rebel against God.
Objective: Kids will learn that we must obey God’s plans, and not expect Him to obey ours.
Scripture: Esther 7, Haman Meets His Doom
Haman was an ambitious man who loved power and hated Mordecai. It was pride that drove Haman to try and destroy Mordecai and the Jews, but God used Esther to intervene and save his people.
Objective: Kids will learn that to treat everyone with kindness and respect they cannot have pride in their hearts.
Scripture: Mark 15:1-15, Jesus on Trial
Barabbas was a convicted criminal, tried and sentenced to die for crimes against the state. Yet Barabbas walked free when the crowds demanded Pilate execute someone else instead. We don't know what happened to Barabbas, but we do know that if we trust in Jesus, His death will give us new life, just as it literally did for Barabbas.
Objective: Kids will learn that we, like Barabbas, are sentenced to die, but if we trust in Jesus we can be set free and receive eternal life.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.