Don't Reject Jesus' Egg-ceptional Gift
Easter eggs are a special treat this time of year. The eggs themselves don’t taste any different, but the dyed shells make them more fun to look at and to eat. Now, what if you decided to just save an Easter egg on a shelf and never eat it? You might enjoy looking at it for a day or two, but pretty soon something unpleasant would happen. That beautiful egg would start to stink. Easter eggs that don’t get eaten turn rotten! That’s a great reminder for us that Jesus has given us a beautiful gift of salvation. We’re meant to accept that gift, not just talk about how nice it is, but never use it.
What's In Your Basket? Curriculum Overview:
“The free gift of God’s grace makes us right with him. Christ Jesus paid the price to set us free.” Romans 3:24 (NIRV)
Scripture: Matthew 26:14-16, Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus, Luke 23:39-43 The Thief on the Cross, Matthew 28:1-10 The Resurrection
Judas Iscariot was a disciple of Jesus before he decided to betray Him. Judas could have accepted Jesus’ gift of salvation, but he chose money over Jesus. That was a very rotten choice for Judas. Judas missed out on the most important thing anyone could ever receive: salvation. The thief on the cross seems to have made some rotten choices before he met Jesus, but once he met Jesus he made the best decision of his life by asking Jesus to save him. Because of Jesus’ resurrection, we all have a chance to make that same choice and receive salvation.Objective: Kids will learn that “No matter how rotten I've been, Jesus offers me salvation.”
EACH LESSON INCLUDES:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
ABOUT THIS LESSON:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This lesson is an instant download
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.