Bible Lessons Based on Emojis
Emojis are a fun way to quickly express our emotions with others. The Bible teaches us that our emotions are a gift from God, that He has a purpose for all of them, and that we can express them in a good way. Use these emoji Bible lessons to teach kids what God teaches us about 8 specific emotions.
Click here to sample the first lesson for FREE.
Emojis Lessons Overview:
Happy Face - Happy: How To Be Happy
Scripture: Luke 10:1-2 and Luke 10:17-20 Jesus sends out the 72
Synopsis: Everyone loves a happy face, and everyone loves a reason to send one. Jesus taught his followers that the #1 reason to be happy, is knowing that we get to spend forever in heaven if we believe in Jesus.
Objective: Kids will state why knowing they can go to heaven, can make them happy no matter what.
Sad Face - Sadness: How To Be Sad
Scripture: John 11:1-44, Lazarus dies and is brought back
Synopsis: Sad emojis come out when we are sad, or when people we love are sad. Jesus shows us that it’s ok to be sad, and it’s ok to cry when we are sad or when our friends are sad. He also shows us that he has the power to comfort us when we are sad, we just need to pray to him and tell him when we are sad.
Objective: Kids will share something that makes them sad or has made them sad in the past and say how Jesus can help when they are sad.
Laughing Face - Laughter: How To Laugh
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 3:4 and Ephesians 5:4
Synopsis: There’s nothing like a good laugh shared with friends. If there’s laughter, there’s usually a happy reason. The Bible tells us that just like there are times to be sad and cry, there are also times to laugh. We should remember though that our laughter is a gift from God and we shouldn’t use it to laugh at others or at bad jokes.
Objective: Kids will share how they can react if they are around friends who want to tell a bad joke or make fun of someone else.
Angry Face - Angry: How To Be Mad
Scripture: John 2:13-17, Jesus clears the temple.
Synopsis: Angry emojis let us know that someone is upset. God wants us to get angry about sin in our lives and to use that anger to clean it out!
Objective: Kids will say what some good things are to be angry about and what are some wrong reasons to be angry.
Wacky Face - Crazy: How To Be Crazy (for Jesus)
Scripture: Joshua 6:1-16, The Fall of Jericho
Synopsis: Crazy faces are used to cheer people up, but sometimes they make people think we are strange. Joshua and all of the Israelites had to feel strange walking in circles around Jericho, but they remind us that it’s okay to look “crazy” in the eyes of the world if we are following God.
Objective: Kids will think of one way they can stand out for Jesus to their friends.
Cool Face (sunglasses) - Pride: How To Stay Humble
Scripture: Proverbs 16:18, Esther 6:1-12 Haman has to honor Mordecai
Synopsis: We all like feeling cool, and sometimes, feeling cool makes us feel like we’re better than others. God wants us to stay humble and to put others first and he warns that just when we think we’re cool, is when we are most likely to embarrass ourselves.
Objective: Kids will think of one way they can be humble in the way they talk or treat others.
Heart Eyes - Love: How To Love Others
Scripture: Luke 10:25-37 The Good Samaritan
Synopsis: The Heart Eyes Emoji is a special one reserved for the people we love. Jesus taught us that we should be willing to show love to everyone we meet, not just the people we like.
Objective: Kids will think of a way to show love to someone this week.
Happy Hands - Praise: How To Thank God
Scripture: John 20:11-18, Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene
Synopsis: Happy hands are a way of showing we are excited, thrilled, and thankful. There’s no greater reason to have happy hands than this: Jesus is alive and wants to be our Savior and friend forever.
Objective: Kids will be challenged to accept or renew their commitment to Jesus.
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
About This Curriculum:
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- Includes large group and small group resources
- This curriculum is an instant download
- Download a free sample here
Download our FREE Emojis Bible Verse Coloring Page to use with this series.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Looking for emoji sermon series for big church? Check out this preview from Elevation Church to see how they used the emoji theme for their main sermon series
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.