BREAKOUT, Escape From Ordinary To Extraordinary
Sometimes our ordinary life can make us feel trapped. We can feel trapped by our worries, our doubts, our fears, and our sin. Sometimes we just wish we could break out and be free from these struggles. Through this escape room-themed VBS, kids will not only solve fun puzzles throughout the week, but will also learn that only God has the power to come in and break us out of the ordinary to lead us to the extraordinary.
To get the additional images, bumper video, countdown video, and games videos pictured above make sure you select the "VBS + Media Pack" option above. All of these additional videos and images sell for $35, but you can get them all for only $25 when you order them together with the Breakout VBS. (Click here to see more details on everything included in the media pack).
Choose Your Format!
- Digital Download Only - Instant access via email as soon as you order.
- Printed Book & Download - You still get instant access, but we'll also mail you a spiral bound copy of your curriculum!
BREAKOUT VBS Overview
Memory Verse: “He has saved us from the kingdom of darkness. He has brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves.” Colossians 1:13 (NIrV)
Day 1. Jonah – Breakout From Disobedience
Scripture: Jonah 1 & 2, Jonah Flees
Lesson for Day 1: God had a plan – both for Jonah and for the city of Nineveh. But Jonah wanted no part of it, so he ran away. He then found himself trapped in the belly of a fish. His only hope to break out was to finally acknowledge and follow God's plan.
Big Idea for Day 1: God Has A Plan For Me
Day 2. David – Breakout from Getting Even
Scripture: 1 Samuel 24:1-17, David Spares Saul's Life
Lesson for Day 2: If King Saul had known that David and his men were hiding in the cave, they could have been trapped. Instead, it was David who had the upper hand. Instead of hurting or killing King Saul, David had mercy on him. If we want to break out of the ordinary, we need to love others like God loves us.
Big Idea for Day 2: God Loves and Forgives Me
Day 3. Daniel – Breakout from Danger
Scripture: Daniel 6:10-27, Daniel and the Den of Lions
Lesson for Day 3: Because of his love of God, Daniel was thrown into a pit filled with hungry lions. There is nothing Daniel could have done in his own strength to break out. But Daniel trusted in God, who is in control of every situation we face.
Big Idea for Day 3: God Is In Control, Not Me
Day 4. Jesus – The Greatest Breakout
Scripture: John 19:38-20:18, Jesus' Burial and Resurrection
Lesson for Day 4: Each of us have sinned. Sin separates us from God, and earns us death. Jesus went to the cross to die. Although he never sinned, he took the punishment for your sin, my sin, and everyone’s sin on himself because He loves us. Three days after he died, Jesus did the ultimate breakout, rising from the dead! Because Jesus is alive, we can have new life too.
Big Idea for Day 4: God Sent Jesus To Set Me Free
Day 5. Peter – Prison Breakout
Scripture: Acts 12:1-19, Peter's Miraculous Escape From Prison
Lesson for Day 5: Peter was in prison for telling people about the new life that Jesus gives us. His friends were praying that Peter would be released. In the middle of the night, an angel came, to break out Peter. Living an ordinary life can make us feel trapped, but God can set us free.
Big Idea for Day 5: God Brings Me Freedom
About This VBS:
- Escape Room Themed
- Perfect for kids ages 6-12
- 5-days of lessons and activities
- Includes large group activities and small group discussion
- This VBS program is an instant download
- Download a free sample lesson here.
- Includes NIRV, NIV, NLT, and KJV Memory Verse Graphics
- Includes Editable Text Files
Each Lesson Includes:
- Make It Stick! Parent Sheet - so you can let mom and dad know what kids are learning each week and look like a rockstar teacher who's thought of everything.
- Memory Verse - so that you can make sure kids are getting Scripture in their minds and hearts every single week and you can feel like each lesson was a success even when it seems like 90% of your lesson time is spent saying things like "calm down", "let's be quiet", "hands to yourself!"
- Skit or Puppet Show - so you have a way to easily connect the lesson with your hands-on and visual learners. No drama team? No problem! Just hand the script to the kids. They'll have a blast and think you're the coolest.
- Craft Activity - so you can give kids a physical reminder of the Bible lesson (and give yourself an activity to keep them busy until mom and dad come back!)
- Game - so kids don't leave and say church was BORING! Games are so important to help keep kids engaged. Our large group games always include a "What's The Point" section to help you connect the game to the lesson.
- Large Group Lesson - so you can present the Bible story in a clear and fun way, which means now you can enjoy Saturday nights instead of stressing over putting a lesson together!
- Small-Group Discussion - so you can find out who was paying attention and who was talking to their neighbor. Just kidding, this is a great way for you to build deeper relationships with your kiddos after each lesson, which means you're going to care about them so much you'll cry like a baby when they graduate and go to middle school :(
- More! - Yes, there is even more than all of that so that you can easily put together the perfect lesson for your ministry each weekend, which means no more agonizing over how to adjust complicated lesson plans.
Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. Our Children's Ministry curriculum is guaranteed to be awesome. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund of the purchase price (shipping is non-refundable for physical items), and a big hug. No questions asked.
Find your favorite 2021 VBS theme here.