God's plan for dating - and not dating!
Dating can be fun and exciting. It can also be dangerous and risky. As we seek to find the person God wants us to share life with, we need to keep both eyes open and focused on the Lord so that we can honor God and bless others every step of the way. In Swipe Right 4-Week Youth Ministry Curriculum, students will be challenged to commit their dating and single lives to God!
Swipe Right Lessons Overview:
Memory Verse: “Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” 2 Timothy 2:22 (NIV)
Who Says I Don't Have a Life?
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 7:25-38, Paul on Being Single
Is it true that if you're not dating, you don't have a life? No! Being single is a blessing few people truly embrace because of our love-obsessed culture. Paul shows us that if we commit ourselves to God during our single times, we can be an even greater blessing to others than when we are with someone else.
Objective: Kids will learn that being single is a blessing and NOT a curse!
When to Swipe Left - Staying Pure
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20, Pursuing Purity
Not everybody is "doing it." Not all boys are "being boys." And behaving like "the boys" is not a sign of liberation for girls. Staying pure before we are married not only allows us to save our virginity for marriage, it helps us keep a clear focus on finding God's purpose for our lives and the right person who will help us continue to fulfill that purpose!
Objective: Kids will learn there's more to staying pure than just saving themselves for their wedding night.
When to Swipe Right - What to Look For
Scripture: Proverbs 31:10-31, A Wife of Noble Character
Dating is about more than just having dinner, seeing movies, playing games, and having fun. Dating is how we search for the person God created to be our life mate. God wants us to keep our eyes open and look for someone with who we can not only have fun and enjoy being with but who we can also serve the Lord.
Objective: Kids will identify qualities that they need to have so they can be a mate who will help their partner grow in Christ.
Breaking Up Is Not a Failure
Scripture: Matthew 7:7-12, God Gives Us His Best (if we ask!)
There's a common misconception that when two people break up, they must have failed. Breaking up a dating relationship is never a failure, but a step forward. Every dating relationship is a chance to grow and learn, and every ex we leave behind is a step towards finding the match God has in mind for us! That’s why it’s important to treat the other person with respect and the love of Christ as you navigate these difficult emotions.
Objective: Kids will see that breakups are not failures but an opportunity to grow and learn as they seek God's best.
About This Curriculum:
- Instant Download
- 4-Week Series
- Perfect for 6th-12th Grade Students
- Great for Weekend or Mid-Week Programming
- Includes Both Large Group and Small Group Resources
- Download a sample lesson from this series here.
Each Lesson Includes:
- DOWNLOAD. Teacher Prep: Printable lesson overview – with tips and encouragement – to distribute to each leader and teacher on your team.
- UPLOAD. Large Group Teaching Guide: Printable “no prep required” Bible lesson for your Large Group Leader.
- POP QUIZ. Print and distribute this quiz to each of your students. Questions are based on the Upload Bible Lesson.
- COMMENT & SHARE. Small Group Discussion Guide: Print and distribute this guide to leaders and students for use during their small group time.
- INTERACTIVE. Lesson Activity: Three activity options – a group game, a missional activity, and a service project – to pick and choose from each week
- TRENDING. Social Media + Leader Ideas: Ideas to help you use social media to keep the discussion with students going throughout the week.
- GRAPHICS. Series Graphics, Social Media Graphics, and Printables.
This Series Is Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Click the PIZZA BOX to see all of our newest Youth Ministry curriculum series'!
Check out our collection of Children's Church Lessons for more great curriculum series for your Kids Church or Sunday School.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.