Responding to Rejection
Rejection is real. It is something each of us must face, but it doesn't have to be our undoing. We can combat rejection by developing our support systems, embracing our missions, extending compassion, and experiencing God's acceptance.
Triggered Series Overview:
Memory Verse:“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1 (NIV)
1. Support System
Scripture: Acts 16:16-40, Paul and Silas in Prison
Paul was faced with rejection countless times as he traveled the world sharing the gospel. Paul had several strategies for dealing with the struggle that we can learn from: He surrounded himself with people who shared his mission, and he continued to praise God even in the darkest times.
Objective: Youth will be challenged to develop their support systems, and to make prayer and praise a regular part of their lives.
2. On A Mission
Scripture: Luke 4:14-30, Jesus Rejected in the Synagogue
Jesus faced rejection – even violent opposition – but he didn't let that stop him from his mission. When we get excited about the things of God, no fear of rejection is going to stop us from completing our God-given mission.
Objective: Youth will be challenged to identify how they can follow God's mission for their lives.
3. One of the Good Guys
Scripture: Luke 10:25-37, The Good Samaritan
We spend so much time worrying about being accepted, we sometimes fail to see those around us who are struggling with rejection. How do we respond when someone else is in need? Jesus said that we should see them as our neighbors and respond with love and compassion.
Objective: Youth will be challenged to look outside of themselves, and see where they can reach out with compassion to someone else who has been rejected.
4. If God Is For Us. . .
Scripture: Romans 8:18-39, More Than Conquerors
Most people waste so much time worrying about being rejected by other people, and don't spend much time thinking about God's acceptance. It should be the other way around. God's acceptance gives us hope for today, and future glory tomorrow.
Objective: Youth will learn that when we have faith in Jesus, God will never reject us.
About This Curriculum:
- Instant Download
- 4-Week Series
- Perfect for 6th-12th Grade Students
- Great for Weekend or Mid-Week Programming
- Includes Both Large Group and Small Group Resources
- Download a sample lesson from this series here.
Each Lesson Includes
- DOWNLOAD. Teacher Prep: Printable lesson overview – with tips and encouragement – to distribute to each leader and teacher on your team.
- UPLOAD. Large Group Teaching Guide: Printable “no prep required” Bible lesson for your Large Group Leader.
- POP QUIZ: Print and distribute this quiz to each of your students. Questions are based on the Upload Bible Lesson.
- COMMENT & SHARE. Small Group Discussion Guide: Print and distribute this guide to leaders and students for use during their small group time.
- INTERACTIVE. Lesson Activity: Three activity options – a group game, a missional activity, and a service project – to pick and choose from each week
- TRENDING. Social Media + Leader Ideas: Resource for leaders. Ideas to help you use social media to keep the discussion with students going throughout the week.
- + Series Graphics, Social Media Graphics, and Printables!
This Series Is Guaranteed to Be Awesome!
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you don't absolutely love this curriculum, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund, and a big hug. No questions asked.
Click the PIZZA BOX to see all of our newest Youth Ministry curriculum series'!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.